Giant poops? (Possibly urgent)

Flapjack

Nov 10, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hello all! I’ve had my GGC Kure for almost a month now (time sure does fly when you have a bird), and everything is going great. However I was curious to know what you all thought about her poops. A few days ago her poops started getting larger, about the size of a morning poo, but seemingly constant through the day. The only time that her poops are “normal” sized is when she goes while she is out with me. I am thinking that she is either resting a lot while I am out (but her toys are getting pretty destroyed so I am not sure) or it is because she recently switched over to actually eating the majority of her pellets and they are digesting differently. When I started researching today I saw something about possible egg binding and now I am worried that could be the issue. She has had no behavioral changes, no hormonal behavior that I am aware of, and no access to a place to nest or materials, other than her toys I guess. I attached a picture of some of her poops 🫢. Do you guys think she could be egg bound?
IMG_5081.jpeg

OP
Flapjack

Flapjack

Nov 10, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Also that one is kind of orange ish because her favorite pellet is the orange one.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hello all! I’ve had my GGC Kure for almost a month now (time sure does fly when you have a bird), and everything is going great. However I was curious to know what you all thought about her poops. A few days ago her poops started getting larger, about the size of a morning poo, but seemingly constant through the day. The only time that her poops are “normal” sized is when she goes while she is out with me. I am thinking that she is either resting a lot while I am out (but her toys are getting pretty destroyed so I am not sure) or it is because she recently switched over to actually eating the majority of her pellets and they are digesting differently. When I started researching today I saw something about possible egg binding and now I am worried that could be the issue. She has had no behavioral changes, no hormonal behavior that I am aware of, and no access to a place to nest or materials, other than her toys I guess. I attached a picture of some of her poops 🫢. Do you guys think she could be egg bound? View attachment 56482
They look like healthy well fed parrot poop to me.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Whoops! Maybe she was just having small poops when I first got her then.
If she eats well, acts normal, and looks healthy, she probably is. However, when someone adopts a "new" bird, I always recommend a "well bird" checkup with an avian vet to establish a health baseline and a relationship with the vet in the event the bird ever gets sick.

Most Reactions

Latest posts