Gilbert update

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I haven't checked in for a while. Gilbert and I are eagerly awaiting spring! He is so used to being able to go outside and fly that he is really quite the monkey in these winter months. I try not to be annoyed and say "he's a parrot...not meant to live indoors!" He's still mostly an angel but not 100% ;)

Last week I bought him a new light fixture. I know not everyone does this, but I have always done a full spectrum/5600K light on a timer for my birds. His fixture was very basic, and it was a clamp on that he chewed apart as a baby. It was duct taped. LOL not so pretty in my living room. I splurged and got him a swag lamp, off the cage where he cannot reach it or the wires from inside the cage. (He is safely away from it when I am gone!) I found a bird themed shade and you could order any custom color combination you wanted. I wanted the simple black and white though. He seems to really like it. He kept flashing his eyes and doing that little bowing/bobbing dance.

I kind of taught him to roll over during our indoor months. (he was taught this younger but he doesn't like it. I think he was bored enough over winter to take an interest again....) He also is starting to wave. That is super cute.

So that's our story.

Here is the new fixture and his excited pose (I was singing to him to make him pose excitedly like that).
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AOyeR_RVXO-qIAI&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Great picture !!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Gilbert is such a cutie! Love the photo and update!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
I've been looking at those bulbs-where did you get yours? I saw them on ebay, wondering if the price is hiked up or not. Not sure where else to buy them.

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I have purchased from a few different places but I happened to find this one on Amazon. I am happy with it and it has lasted quite a long time.

Most Reactions