Gilbert's first FaceTime

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
He had his first video chat tonight (with my mom) and I was surprised how much he 'got it'. My mother just saw him today and he was playing with her, and it seemed like he understood he was somehow talking to her. He got right up next to the phone and started chatting in a frenzy. It was SO FUNNY.
I know other people have mentioned video chatting with their bird before but I just don't do it often and never did it with Gilbert before. I will definitely do it again. He liked it SO MUCH. It encouraged him to speak more than usual too.
If you haven't tried it, give it a try with your bird. It's so darn funny.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Hahaha thats adorable!!

My sister and I facetime with Audrey and her cat lol!!

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
hahaha! I hardly ever use FaceTime so I never really gave it a thought to have Gilbert try. It's usually my sister and we are showing each other something (switching from front to back camera all the time). This will have to be one of Gilbert's new activities.

psittac

Oct 8, 2013
I wonder what would happen if you let two birds video chat, petrie hasn't seen another green cheek since she left the pet store. I try to find videos of gcc's on youtube for her from time to time and she loves it

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
I think he would love seeing another bird on FaceTime!! He also likes watching the parrot videos on YouTube. The only bird Gilbert sees occasionally is a B&G who lives nearby and plays in the yard when we are out for a walk. They are so excited when they see each other.

Most Reactions