Gomez seeks me out...first time!!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
This morning was cage cleaning duties, I had my head and upper body inside Gomez's cage and he came down and started preening my hair and said "Hey boy, boy" So I say, well hello, boy, boy. Then he makes a big kiss noise and says Momma tickle! Yep heart melting cuteness. So I took him out and interrupted cage cleaning for a little loving. Up until this morning I had to entice him to come to me and be taken out of the cage this was the first time he sought me out. One happy Momma here! :D

He also has begun to really explore his cage and toys, there is a rope hoop at the top and before he would just touch it will his beak tentatively, last night he was swinging in it and attacking the toy next to it. I really see the personalities that he and Lola were meant to have shining through!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
That is huge, Labell! To see him getting so comfortable in his new cage and surroundings is a reflection on how good you've been with him. He's starting to see his living situation as a home, and you as a beloved member of his flock. Sweet!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That is fantastic progress! You have done such a wonderful thing for those 2 in giving them the life they always should have had:)
I would have loved to have seen the huge smile I know was on your face!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
That is fantastic progress! You have done such a wonderful thing for those 2 in giving them the life they always should have had:)
I would have loved to have seen the huge smile I know was on your face!

Terry, yes huge smiles, I am so pleased and honored that he has decided I am worthy of his love and affection!
I realize now I never said but that is what the woman called him Boy, boy...Green boy or of course the ever popular Rotten F-er. It is clear that he was always just a matching accessory to decorate with :(
With that kind of treatment and history with humans I am thrilled that he hasn't found me lacking and has decided that he would give humans another chance!:D

Sadie13

Jan 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Mango Beak-Eclectus,
Red- CAG,
Opal- LSC2,
Porkchop- Yellow sided GCC
he has to be just beside himself knowing he is in a home that appreciates him and treated him as a part of the family!
That had to have been an amazing and rewarding experience for you both!
i haven't met my LSC2 yet, but i think ekkies are the greatest and sweetest birds by far!

my boy is on my shoulder now and it breaks my heart thinking he could have been viewed as nothing more than an "accessory" with all his charisma.

Most Reactions

Latest posts