Green Anole Intelligence: Researchers Shocked by Lizard Brainpower

findi

Jan 28, 2012
Hi All,

Iā€™ve been fascinated by Green Anoles, Anolis carolinensis, since childhood ā€“ way back when they were sold as ā€œAmerican Chameleonsā€. Although they are often ignored by experienced keepers, I have long featured Green Anoles and related species in zoo exhibits, where they never failed to intrigue visitors (and yours truly!). Now, it seems, they are also impressing herpetologists with learning abilities that rival those of some birds. The performances of anoles (two of which did so well that they were dubbed ā€œPlatoā€ and ā€˜Socratesā€) tested at Duke University have challenged the stereotype that small lizards have limited intelligence and problem-solving abilities. Read the rest of this article here: Green Anole Intelligence - Researchers Shocked by Lizard Brainpower

Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

Thanks, Frank
My Bio, with photos of animals Iā€™ve been lucky enough to work with That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
interesting, thanks for sharing!

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conureā™‚, Merlin the Camelot Macawā™‚
cool! I used to own and raise Green Anoles I always loved them they are my fave lizards!!!

khaiqha

Sep 19, 2012
Lewisville, TX
Parrots
Alexandrine Ringneck,
about to be getting a Jardine's
Green anoles are my favorite pet lizards. I had three as a child and it was amazing to see their personalities. I could tell then apart just by the way they sat on a branch. They each had their own way of hunting crickets too, it was awesome.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Great article Frank, Thanks for sharing

OP
F

findi

Jan 28, 2012
Hi All,

I appreciate the kind words...thanks very much! best, Frank

Most Reactions

Latest posts