Green cheek conure complaining at bed time

Picklesmama

Jan 26, 2024
Parrots
Pickles - green cheek conure
I know there's a bunch of threads here about this but I still would like some tips for my personal situation. I just got a 3 month old green cheek conure, it's only her second night home so I don't expect this to stop immediately. She's already very attached to me, she spends most of the day hanging out with me and getting snuggles. Her cage is in my room where my 2 year old Co sleeps with me. I do have a second cage that I could make her sleep cage but the only place I could put it is downstairs where it's a lot colder. I have a space heater in my room so I'm able to keep it warm enough for her. That being said, I put her to bed when I put my kids to bed, last night (her first night) she did great, she screamed for about 29 minutes after the lights went off so I covered her cage and after that she went right to sleep. Tonight it's a bit of a different story. I had her quiet for about 15 minutes after screaming until I made a noise and she started talking away again. Not nearly as loud, but still a bit noisy. I do not give her attention when she complains, I don't talk, ans I try to stay as silent as possible. My friend is dropping off a white noise machine tomorrow to see if it helps. Are there any other tips that may help?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1115870649.jpg
    Snapchat-1115870649.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 32
Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
One thing that helps my bird is complete darkness. I keep my parrotā€™s cage completely covered and try to stay as quiet as possible. Even if your parrot doesnā€™t enjoy sleeping it is necessary to give them at least ten hours of quiet and darkness. I hope this helps!

OP
Picklesmama

Picklesmama

Jan 26, 2024
Parrots
Pickles - green cheek conure
One thing that helps my bird is complete darkness. I keep my parrotā€™s cage completely covered and try to stay as quiet as possible. Even if your parrot doesnā€™t enjoy sleeping it is necessary to give them at least ten hours of quiet and darkness. I hope this helps!
Yeah I turn off my life and completely cover her cage. Then I tip toe around my room all night hahaha. Once she's asleep she sleeps pretty good. I have her on a 7pm-7am schedule, it's just getting her quiet and asleep that's difficult šŸ˜‚

Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Ok thatā€™s great! Another solution is to slowly help your parrot wind down. About an hour before bed start dimming the lights and donā€™t stimulate your parrot. Meaning talk softly and avoiding doing any noisy activities.

Beepers

Mar 22, 2024
Parrots
Milo, Skye and Grayson!
I know there's a bunch of threads here about this but I still would like some tips for my personal situation. I just got a 3 month old green cheek conure, it's only her second night home so I don't expect this to stop immediately. She's already very attached to me, she spends most of the day hanging out with me and getting snuggles. Her cage is in my room where my 2 year old Co sleeps with me. I do have a second cage that I could make her sleep cage but the only place I could put it is downstairs where it's a lot colder. I have a space heater in my room so I'm able to keep it warm enough for her. That being said, I put her to bed when I put my kids to bed, last night (her first night) she did great, she screamed for about 29 minutes after the lights went off so I covered her cage and after that she went right to sleep. Tonight it's a bit of a different story. I had her quiet for about 15 minutes after screaming until I made a noise and she started talking away again. Not nearly as loud, but still a bit noisy. I do not give her attention when she complains, I don't talk, ans I try to stay as silent as possible. My friend is dropping off a white noise machine tomorrow to see if it helps. Are there any other tips that may help?
Any chance sheā€™s still hungry? Maybe a night time routine would be helpful. Give her a snack when you put her to bed. Positive reinforcement.

Most Reactions

Latest posts