Green Cheek Conure

Stel

Mar 15, 2024
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Hello folks! I’m looking for some advice from this amazing community. I have a4 year old GCC, I’ve had him since he was 6 months old. Yesterday I cut my hair short, he’s always known me to have longer curly hair, now my hair looks straight and cut very short (pixie cut). From the moment I came home I stood in front of Skittles cage(that’s his name) to allow him to adjust to the new look. He bit me very hard on my fingers and hand, so I put him back in the cage. By evening he was fine and back to his loving self. This morning, I was getting his breakfast and he immediately flew to my shoulder and bit my ear love and flew to my other ear and but that one too. I said NO, put him in his cage and he’s been there since. What can I do??

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I've often heard of GGCs called skittles....Because yep!

I'd say look up the time out method, I'ts very effective with bonded birds, Just put it in the search in the top right, No need to re write it.

But the time out method is an excellent strategy.....also....can we get pictures or you and your bird? we kind of like bird photos for some reason. Something about being on a bird website. It's kind of the cost of admission to show your bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts