Greetings from NS Canada

Victory

Nov 18, 2013
NS, Canada
Parrots
Peach Faced Lovebird: Zeianna, born June 2013
Greetings fellow feathered friend lovers,

I find I use this site a lot, so much so it made sense to join.

I have a 5 month old peach faced love bird. I've had her about 6 weeks. She was not handfed or tamed, rather lived among a flock of 40 in a breeder's aviary.

Zeianna loves healthy food I'm happy to say. I make her mash and freeze in small round ice cube trays. Her favorite is banana/apple/millet but she'll also eat kale/apple/carrot/cooked hamburg/millet. I discovered lately she LOVES sprouts. Not alfalfa but lentil, garbanzo bean, peas. She 'shells' the outer skin and eats and/or tosses the various bits into the air.*

Zeianna loves her bath, many times a day. She loves chewing on paper and her favorite thing lately is chewing on an organic pumpkin stem.

She makes all sorts of interesting and ear splitting sounds. It sounds like she's saying 'pretty bird' sometimes but I don't think lovies talk do they?

So far I've been able to gradually get her used to my hand in the cage, though at times she will still squawk and jump away. I've gotten her to step up onto a stick when out of the cage. It's definitely slow going but she seems to enjoy me being near the cage which I am an hour or two a day, talking to her, making her new toys or cleaning the cage or feeding her.

I'm looking forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge and experience here.

I am interested in connecting with lovebird owners and breeders in Nova Scotia also.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi there and welcome! Zeianna is beautiful:) I'm not from NS, I am in Alberta, but wanted to say hi.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Hello Victory!...and welcome to the best forum around....

I have family in N.S. but live in Ontario.
Zeianna is beautiful, I too have a green lovebird(Halo is my favourite)

enjoy yourself on here!!

OP
Victory

Victory

Nov 18, 2013
NS, Canada
Parrots
Peach Faced Lovebird: Zeianna, born June 2013
Thank you folks! Incidentally I have family in all those places.

This forum is remarkable.

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Hi Victory :) welcome to the forum. I love peach loved birds, I had one for many years, and currently have two Fischer lovebirds. It's great that your bird is eating fruits and vegetables, I had such trouble with my Nico with that. My Fischers are a little better but my peach faced fought me beak and claw over fresh foods. Aren't they pretty? I loved every color on my bird.

UMARKHANMARDAN

May 20, 2013
Welcome Victory, your Peach face is so loving bird.You have joined a forum full of knowledge about parrots plus the members are very helpful.I don,t have any love bird at the moment but they are very beautiful birds.

Most Reactions

Latest posts