Greetings from Ohio

jnesbitt82

Feb 19, 2014
Hello all, I just joined the forum today. My wife and I had a Sun Conure for several years until his passing last March. We have been bird-less since. I am 31 and I started having medical problems this past year. I now work from home and thought how great it would be to have a companion. Just before Christmas, I started looking at different breeders and also for just the right bird. I finally decided a pineapple GC would be perfect for me. On December 26, I found a local breeder on birdbreeders.com. I sent them an email and was delighted to here that they indeed did have a mating pair. Only days later, I was told that the first egg had been laid. I waited anxiously until the first bird hatched on January 18. My wife and I stopped by the other day and we got to meet our new baby. We still have about 4 weeks, I think, before she is ready to come home. I am very ready at this point. Our last minute toys and food items just arrived today. Now we wait...........

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
Congrats and welcome. Can't wait to see some pics of your new baby:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I am sorry for the loss of your Sun last year:(
It is very exciting that your new baby will be home soon. How wonderful that you already got to meet him! Looking forward to seeing pictures:)

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Welcome and congrats! It can be heartbreaking when we lose one of our babies. I'm glad you've found another to share your life with.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Please do share your new baby's pictures when you guys bring him home. And I'm sorry for the loss of your beloved Sun Conure!!!!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome! Congrats on your new baby. It's an exciting time when you are ready for a new bird and are waiting... You'll have her in no time :) Pineapple GCC are really pretty.

Kalona

Nov 9, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Ruby - Female Eclectus
Hello fellow Ohioan! I'm new here as well. Congratulations on your baby! I'm sure the wait is difficult but it will be worth it once she's home.

I'm looking forward to stories and pics of your little one!

OP
J

jnesbitt82

Feb 19, 2014
Thanks for the warm greeting everyone! I've been busy all evening with college work. I finally found a picture my wife took the other day of me holding our new baby.:)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 79

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Little hatchlings are too cute when they first hatch!!!! I had one hatching last night and another one should be hatched out by early morning. 3rd one should be hatched out by the day afterwards cause the process already started as he's pipped.

OP
J

jnesbitt82

Feb 19, 2014
there was one egg that they thought was bad in this clutch. It missed its hatch date by 4 days. All the others were already out and happy. Just about the time came to discard the egg, it hatched.

Attachments

• photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 178
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 173

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I never toss the eggs unless the eggs looks bad. You can tell if the baby died within. I have a pretty successful hatch rate and with babies hatching early then expected due date. The main thing is humidity!!!!

RockysMom

Jan 21, 2013
Michigan
Parrots
Rocky...Yellow Crown Amazon....

Smokey Congo Grey....

Shamrock Male Eclectus.......

Baby Female Congo Grey.....
Cookie.....Aztec Conure
Congrads on your new baby

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Awwww! :)

Congrats, and I'm sure you cannot wait to bring the baby home!

jbail1026

Aug 6, 2012
Media
Lexington, KY
Parrots
Family bird: Yellow-Naped Amazon (George '88)
My girl: Turquoise Peachfaced lovebird (Ollie Belle, hatched 9/1/13)
Awww! Congrats! Those are such special pictures. And how lucky for your new birdy baby that you will be home so much! I hate that I have to be away all day for work. I bet you will bond and be a little happy family in no time. Yay!

Most Reactions

Latest posts