Greetings!!!

VeggieLady

Mar 14, 2016
Central PA
Hello everyone! I've been stalking the forums for the past several weeks and I feel I must say that this is such a welcoming positive space, it's wonderful! Everyone is so generous with their knowledge!

I don't currently own a bird but I am very interested in adopting. I would be a first time parrot owner, I've kept chickens but that's it. When I was young my mom had at one point or another had a cockatiel and budgies but I don't really count those as it was so long ago. Family friends have had parrots and I've grown up with all sorts of animals but mostly dogs, cats, and reptiles. But never any companion birds of my own.

I'm mostly interested in Eclectus at the moment. My husband has allergies and it sounds like those are ideal in that situation. I'm a vegetarian and when I'm not working on organic veggie farms, I'm an avid gardener, so their dietary requirements resonate with me. And, I've heard they're typically on the quiet side as well. My husband isn't sold on this idea yet, but I'm still researching and hopefully I'll be meeting an Eclectus this upcoming weekend. I've never actually met one before! I'm particularly interested in adopting one, as there just seem to be so many birds out there that need a new home. Though, I'm located in Central PA and all the rescue orgs are several hours away from me. I'm really interested in having a mentor or taking a class of sorts which will probably prove to be difficult with the rescues being so far. But, anyways that's a little about me...

Mar 11, 2016
Centennial, CO
Parrots
Morgan- (2) PGCC, Merlin- GCC (10 months), Chi-Chi-female Mustache Parakeet ( 11 months) , Teddy-Budgie (6 months)
Welcome! How exciting! There are so many babies that need good homes!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hello, and welcome to Parrot Forums! I have two ekkies myself, so I'm obviously a big fan of theirs. Here is a great link to get you started: http://www.parrotforums.com/showthread.php?t=52737

If you have more specific questions, feel free to ask away.

Most Reactions