Greys in tornado warnings and charlie says his first word!

Aug 6, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
GCC-*Boo*, TAG-*Charlie
I live in northern nj so we normally would never get tornados. Sadly today we had a tornado watch day and we just had a warning. The town next to mine had a tornado hit so my family gathered in our basment. Luckly i had charlie on my shoulder and I put Boo( gcc) in his carrier. My mother had my dog and we gathered downstairs. Finally we were clarified by the weather channel the warning was over. Luckly no friend or family were hurt. Also yesturday and today my 6 MONTH old timneh said his frist word. I thought he was too younge but he kept saying clearly, "Helllooooo" in his cage and out of his cage. They both were amazing during the tornado scare. God bless you all and your birds! :grey::rainbow1:

Last edited by a moderator:

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
Glad all of your family and birdies are safe. Oh and congrats to the new talker.

Davinchi

Mar 11, 2011
Media
Duluth, MN
Parrots
Paco: Yellow Naped Amazon
Congratz on the word. Its always inspiring and makes you so proud to hear the first words.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Glad you are all okay, God sure blessed you all.
Perhaps Charlie was so happy it was all over he just wanted to greet everyone.
This is the first of many many words to come, enjoy each and every one.
000203FC.gif

OP
M
Aug 6, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
GCC-*Boo*, TAG-*Charlie
Thank you Davinchi and Antoinette! I am just glad my family and friends and of course my birds are safe. Actually it was quite strange how Charlie was much calmerthen usually. He was a very good boy..

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I can't imagine what you all went through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A tornado is so powerful and scary.

On Wednesday here in S.A. Johannesburg, we were warned about a hail thunderstorm, to hit within the hour.
My first thoughts were my sons, their gf's, my family and friends.....
Phoning each other, making sure everyone would be off the roads and safe inside..............
We sat waiting, everything got darker, the thunderstorm hit... thank god no hail our side.
There were 28 car accident within 3 hours.

That was only a hail thunderstorm..... I can't imagine waiting for a tornado to hit.

OP
M
Aug 6, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
GCC-*Boo*, TAG-*Charlie
Oh my! I can imagine how scary that must be! Good thing you werent hit with the hail! Hail can easily break windows and such. Good thing your safe!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
That is very scary , we had the same thing here on NY ! It was a very scary day !
Thank God all are safe :)

Ant...Im so happy you guys are safe ! When the skies darken like that , Im a scared little rabbit !! I was caught outside during a severe summer storm and i will never forget what its like to be plastered between a screen door while trees go flying by like toothpicks..
Something I will never , never forget , lolol. And to think I ran ouside after a stray dog that I didn't want to get caught out in the rain, little did I know , lolol.
And BTW , after the storm , the dog trotted past me and just looked at me like "what the **** just happened" lololol

Most Reactions