Griffin Talks!!

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
They way they can speak in context
My galah speaks in context.... Unfortunately, she uses her one word in several different contexts indicating that she's there and she wants some....

Quite simple really :D

If Raven's really taken to it and is repeating back, he might end up a real chatterbox with lots of different things he says. It must be exciting finding out that your pet has a new skill.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just seeing this thread, but go Griffin! I really hope you can catch him on video one day, though I do know what you mean about how hard it can be to capture those moments. Lol!

Yeah, it's crazy when you realize that some birds are "closet-talkers". I learned relatively recently that the same is true of my Bixby. He only says, "Hello" and "Ow!", as well as mimicking Aida's laughter, when we're all around. But when he thinks no one is around he'll quietly say Maya's name. Now I wonder what else he says when we're not around to hear!

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Teach Griffin to say peekaboo. It's the most adorable thing in a poi voice. Both of mine say it, but never in context and certainly not if the camera is on.

I think since Griffin is starting so early he may end up with a decent vocabulary.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Teach Griffin to say peekaboo. It's the most adorable thing in a poi voice. Both of mine say it, but never in context and certainly not if the camera is on.

I think since Griffin is starting so early he may end up with a decent vocabulary.

You know, now since posting this I haven't heard him talk since :(. Maybe as they say Poi's typically talk later than most other talking species. So if he said a couple things at 9 months, like you say, hopefully it means he will be a good taker one day. Not that it really matters overall, but it's a nice bonus :). As far as the sound of the Poi voice, Robin's speaking voice isn't that cute. He has a deep mechanical sound. I don't know why his voice is so deep LOL!! I know Poi's USUALLY have a cute voice.

How old ws Sammie and Sydney when they started talking?

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Sammie said her name the first week I had her. She was 4 months old. Sydney said a couple things when I got him and he was 9 months.

Most Reactions

Latest posts