Guava takes a birdy bath (video)

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Guava decided to take a birdy bath in the sink this morning, so I had to share = )

[ame="http://youtu.be/gfBHCSlzGR8?hd=1"]Guava takes birdy bath 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Some bonus pics:

20120113_173716.jpg

20120113_173621.jpg

20120113_173527.jpg

20120113_173349.jpg

Last edited:

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Oh my goodness, how precious! Those pics are GREAT! That 3rd one down looks like she's deep in thought..."Hhhmmmmmm....what to do next."

We have PLENTY of birds in our home currently, including our conure Franklin but there is this pineapple at the same petstore where we purchased Franklin that I almost can not live without.

The last time I was there...he was jumping like if he was on a pogo stick to come out and see me.

I had to tear myself away and tell myself...I have Franklin and he does NOT need a friend! LOL I'll have to teach Franklin how to jump like him though...it's absolutely adorable!

Toni

Keinanna

Jan 9, 2012
Parrots
Chewy ~ 3 year old green cheek conure

Toki ~ 2 year old Budgie
thats so cute i have not been able to get my conure to take a bath yet so it was cool to see yours taking a bath

it looks like you were getting a bit of a bath there too lol

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Love the video and the pics, your birdy seems so happy to take baths, I'm jealous! The pics are fantastic too, she seems like she's a right character!

Kiwidget

Jan 20, 2012
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlet (Kiwi) and a Pineapple Conure (Widget)
How cute! I hope my pineapple loves taking baths someday.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The video and pics are absolutely adorable and made me smile after this hard day of getting the new water heater in.

My Nanday is such a water baby that I change her water after the first bath and sometimes she jumps right back in for a second bath!

I wonder if Merlin would use a sink. When she took a bath a few days ago it was quite a mess! I know she doesn't like the shower or being sprayed though.

OP
lexx510

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Thanks for the kind remarks. I'm glad you all enjoyed.

@Kiwidget & Keinanna: There's a good chance your birds will start bathing soon, too. We've had Guava for about 10 months now. I remember she wouldn't come near the water the fist few months we had her. Now she literally dives in everytime my girlfriend or I are doing the dishes.

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
She's gorgeous! Wish Alex would bath on his own. I have to take him into the shower with me. It's funny until you have shampoo in your eyes while trying to calm down a very excited little bird! I might have to try getting him used to the sink. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts