Guess I'm on Franklins naughty list....again.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Sooo...for all of you wondering what its like to be owned by an independent completely entitled self righteous totally full of himself green cheek conure who suffers from little bird syndrome... BIG TIME....here it is....the text I sent my husband for a chuckle as he is out of town: ( Dakota is my son)

Well...apparently I am on Frankie's chit list again...lololol! He is GREAT with Dakota now and last night, Dakota brought him into the bedroom and the second he put Frankie on the bed Franklin b-lined it for my face! Well my hands were under the blanket so I lifted the blanket to keep him from getting to me and in his total evil attitude voice he repeats as he is trying with all his might to get to my face. .KISSSS!!! grumble grumble grumble.. KISSS!! Hahaha!

Both Dakota and I were cracking up! Dakota puts his finger out for Franklin to step up and Frankie gets on it all proud of himself for showing me Who's who! Hahaha!!

Here is the skinny folks....everyone wanting a "cuddly conure.". We have been owned by Franklin for 5 1/2 years now and don't misunderstand me...l love him to pieces...however, I seriously have the most tiniest (62 grams) adhd-bi-polar little green cheek ever! (We got him at 10 weeks) our tiniest bird has been our most challenging.

Most of the time he is great, and as a baby he was sweet and cuddly and kind and we have always socialized him well. He is a totally awesome little dude.

However, dont let his cute charm fool you! Hahaha!

We go through these phases...ESPECIALLY with me...he might " love" me for months then one day, for no rhyme or reason he wakes up one morning with a feather out of place and feels the need to "teach me a lesson". Hahahaha!

This can go on for weeks, even months and then, just as quickly as he turns on me, he reverts back to my little sweetie pie.

I don't do anything different, but I really wonder if there is a connection to hormones...when my son was going through puberty Franklin wanted to attack him every chance he got and its only been recently that Franklin has taken a liking to him. He has always been good with my husband and I until the last year or so when his behavior has become so amusingly sporadic with me. I can't help but wonder if my hormones have something to do with it and the fact that I'm probably starting the menopause phase of my life.

Does anyone else have experience with with whacky bird behavior possibly being human hormone related?

And don't worry any, I'm not sad or upset, I find his self righteous conure attitude totally hilarious.

Toni

Most Reactions