Guess Who Finally Took An Interest In The Joys Of Bathing?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Yay Bixby! He looks much better now, and I'm sure he must feel much better too;)

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Thanks, April! Judging from the way he was flexing that wing, I think you may be right. That's the first time that I ever managed to catch him on camera doing that!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thanks, Julie! I hope you're right. Judging from the cast of Bixby's character, though, I don't see him feeling silly about anything. He'll probably chalk it off to me spraying him wrong or something! Smh. (Much like how he likes to "quarrel" with me whenever he messes up one of his flying maneuvers. OBVIOUSLY my fault! Lol!)

Bixby sure sounds like a character! :) ...and of course it's ALWAYS your fault Stephen LOL! Sounds like your little green man has a bit of pride :D It's so interesting to see each bird's individual character. Even out of the same species, much like human siblings.

I wonder if from now on Bixby will want to bathe in response to noises like vacuuming? I've found it works for the tropical species. They say the vacuum (or leaf blower outside, etc) noise simulates the rumbling sound of a rainstorm in the jungle. I guess it's hardwired into them.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Bixby is VERY much a character, Julie. And at times, quite a nut. Lol! And yes, their personalities are every bit as wonderfully varied and even quirky as people's can be!

As for the vacuum, so far no joy. Oh, well. Baby steps, right? I'll keep trying.

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Avery loves taking incredibly messy baths in her water bowl but couldn't care less about coming into the shower with me or being sprayed.... she just sits there and looks at me as if saying, "I'm only doing this because I love you, but I don't know how much longer that will be for... " :p

Loved this. I know exactly what look you're talking about. :)

Most Reactions