Happy Halloween

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Well it looks like it's time to get....
tumblr_static_7erwuzwa4nk8w40k84o4gcogc.gif

SPOOPY!

Reid, that's YOU in there right?!!

You bet it is! ...If only I could stay on beat and have a sweet dance move like that :59:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Love all those pic's so glad everyone had a blast.

Steven and I were invited to a Halloween party, I was not going as I had nothing to wear.
Steven was leaving at 6pm, when returning home he said he is not going without me.
I quickly put on a pair of silk jammies with Chinese writing on it. Put my hair in a side pony tale, a pair of slip slops, and did my face up like I had been beaten.

2014-10-31185427_zps11710362.jpg

When arriving everyone was so dressed up I felt odd.

2014-10-31191633_zps44613e70.jpg

My friend wanted to say hi to some friends at a nearby hotel. I had to go with but dreaded it. We left the younger crowd to braai and went to the hotel.

I wanted to die a million deaths, when walking in EVERYONE was dressed to kill.
I wanted to creep into a corner and remain there.
After about 30 minutes they announced they having a competition for everyone who dressed up for Halloween.

I am so shy and refused to go on the stage.... I was eventually dragged on. I could not wait for all this to end.
When they began announcing the winner, I almost had heart failure. I got 3rd prize...... I won a R1000.00 voucher for a Day Spa.
I was so shocked....
The judge said I looked like someone who had escaped from an asylum and need some Tender Loving Care !!!!

When going back to the house Steven could not believe it said "yeah not bad for someone who did not want to go and had nothing to wear".

We had a fantastic evening IT WAS WICKED

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sometimes simplest is best, and your appearance looked so naturally "beaten" rather than contrived.

The dude in the last pic seemingly dressed as a terrorist with the bomb-vest must have scored a bang with the judges?!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Awesome Ant!! That surprise was sweet :D. See? You never know. Now I bet you're glad you went!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Some time I will have to watch that show. So many people are so into it--it has to be a great show!
Just make sure you watch from the beginning. You'll thank me if you do!

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
My boys Aidan and Ryan as Bumblebee and Optimus Prime of the Transformers! (The fact that my older son dressed as the smaller Bumblebee and my younger dressed as the far larger Optimus was quite amusing to me... and as offbeat as I'd expect from my two nutty boys! Lol!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Wow Stephen, adorable transformers! They look excited, even though I can't see their sweet faces. I bet they had a great Halloween. Did they want to wear their costumes for the rest of their lives? Thanks for sharing the cute photos, it brought back a lot of fun memories.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Thanks, Allee! They had a ball!

Hahaha! Ryan was Optimus almost all day, today! But I'll draw the line at church, tomorrow! Lol!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Awesome last-minute costume, Ant!!! And that's great you won 3rd prize!!! Haha

Stephen what adorable transformers you have!!! Did they sleep in their costumes?? Lol

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Hahaha! They probably would if they could, Shirre!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Sometimes simplest is best, and your appearance looked so naturally "beaten" rather than contrived.

The dude in the last pic seemingly dressed as a terrorist with the bomb-vest must have scored a bang with the judges?!

Scott I agree simplest is the best.....
The best was I never knew what I was dressed up as... until the judge said I looked like someone who had escaped from an asylum.

Unfortunately the youngsters never went with us, they were busy with the barbeque at home.... He would definitely have won 1st prize.

Most Reactions