Happy Halloween!

Cockatielmom18

Sep 23, 2018
Parrots
Pearl (cockatiel)
Kid and Jeordi (budgies)
Kitty, Leia, Chips, Sico, Ginger, (<- RIP), Terrelli, Popularis, Ace, Whiteout, Cetoides, Ada, Lucasi, Oryx, and Tom (chickens)
Happy Make-yourself-miserable-by-eating-too-much-candy Day!
(Or at least the day before)
:43:

No candy for me, please! ~birds

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
With my usual selfless humility and goodness, I hereby claim all candy in the house for myself, thereby sparing all others, human and avian and assorted mammals, from tummy aches.
You're welcome!

KawaiiTori

Aug 3, 2019
Media
Poulsbo, Washington, USA
Parrots
Tori - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Yes, happy “Death to Diabetics” day everyone! Such an unfair holiday...I’m not really sure why I love it so much! At least I will finally be rid of all this candy, lol!

kawaiitori-albums-other-stuff-picture21791-happy-halloween.jpeg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Wow that a ton of Candy!
I was given Halloween cup cakes! I'm about to eat one right now!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Yes, happy “Death to Diabetics” day everyone! Such an unfair holiday...I’m not really sure why I love it so much! At least I will finally be rid of all this candy, lol!

kawaiitori-albums-other-stuff-picture21791-happy-halloween.jpeg

PMing you my address to send all of that candy for safe keeping! :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

I bought candy much later in the week to avoid temptation. Alas, willpower ceased the day before and I've sampled at least 1 of everything. Gotta ensure it is safe for the kiddies!!

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
Happy Halloween! Last year I got 50% off chocolate the day after Halloween and ended up gaining at least 5 pounds because I can't control myself around chocolate. My mother in law also got us some and it was a giant Costco sized box. I still want my husband to be able to have some though so I'm thinking we can buy some but he has to keep it in his locker at work as that's the only place it's safe from me. If it's in the house I'd end up eating most of it.

Jacob's Halloween "costume" this year is a Captains hat, no way I can dress that T-Rex up. I even made up a little story to go with it:
Jacob no longer wanted to be a pirate's pet so he killed all the pirates and took the Captain's hat for himself. Now he has his own ship and encourages all other pirate parrots to kill their masters and join him in an all parrot crew and to chew all the extra ships they don't need.
He really didn't want to wear the hat so this was the best picture I could get, just look at that face, he totally looks like he wants to kill me for putting it on him.
S7SPCcV.jpg

Here is a video of me trying to put the hat on him, he wasn't having it:
[ame="https://youtu.be/CMb0TTjXKc0"]https://youtu.be/CMb0TTjXKc0[/ame]

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

We had a mediocre turnout last night, so plenty of candy to freeze or give away. Very bummed my Costco assortment of chocolate-themed candies had just two bags of Peanut M&Ms. Guess who received none this year??

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Happy Halloween! Last year I got 50% off chocolate the day after Halloween and ended up gaining at least 5 pounds because I can't control myself around chocolate. My mother in law also got us some and it was a giant Costco sized box. I still want my husband to be able to have some though so I'm thinking we can buy some but he has to keep it in his locker at work as that's the only place it's safe from me. If it's in the house I'd end up eating most of it.

Jacob's Halloween "costume" this year is a Captains hat, no way I can dress that T-Rex up. I even made up a little story to go with it:
Jacob no longer wanted to be a pirate's pet so he killed all the pirates and took the Captain's hat for himself. Now he has his own ship and encourages all other pirate parrots to kill their masters and join him in an all parrot crew and to chew all the extra ships they don't need.
He really didn't want to wear the hat so this was the best picture I could get, just look at that face, he totally looks like he wants to kill me for putting it on him.
S7SPCcV.jpg

Here is a video of me trying to put the hat on him, he wasn't having it:
https://youtu.be/CMb0TTjXKc0

That is a very dark Halloween story! [emoji23] thanks! And the video is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valyndris

Apr 24, 2019
Canada
Parrots
Jacob the blue and gold macaw
Well I got a better picture of Jacob wearing the hat a day late of course. He just does not even want to wear a hat anymore but for some reason when my parents comes over and Jacob is on my dad he lets me put a hat on him and lets it stay on his head for about 20 seconds.
NvxOn8O.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts