Happy Hatchday Merlin! :)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
2012-04-01213648.jpg

Covered his ring number for obvious reasons, but yey Merlin! I'm posting this early because I'm going to be early tonight, but just thought I'd share the excitement. We're pretty poor at the moment what with all the crazy expenses at the moment, but I'm going to scour out some treats/toys for him tomorrow that are super cheap.

HAPPY HATCHDAY MERLIN! :D

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Happy Hatch Day, Merlin! How exciting, it's your first! You've gotten to be such a big boy!

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Hope you have a Happy Hatch Day Merlin!!!:)

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Had to spend the day away from him for treatment which has made me very sad but when i get home in about an hours time ill have him out and parrrrty! Haha. No cake but ill pick up a clementine for him which he absolutely adores but doesn't get very often :).

Will dig out my very first picture of me and Merlin when he was a very tiny 8 weeks! :)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
You could make some birdie bread and pretend like it's cake :) Maybe add a tiny dab of peanut butter or jelly to be icing.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Yeaaa! Another Hatch Day! Congratulations!

Merlin...you share your birthday with my Dad...he's 64 today :D

Goodness a bunch of us seem to have 1 year old birds on the forums, including myself with Frankin, Chiquita and Chicken Little...all turned a year old this year. :D

Have a great day Merlin!

Toni

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Yeaaa! Another Hatch Day! Congratulations!

Merlin...you share your birthday with my Dad...he's 64 today :D

Goodness a bunch of us seem to have 1 year old birds on the forums, including myself with Frankin, Chiquita and Chicken Little...all turned a year old this year. :D

Have a great day Merlin!

Toni

Happy Birthday to your dad :p.

IMG00148-20110618-1255.jpg

This was my first ever meeting with Merlin. I went into the store and started chatting to the girl behind the counter, then 'peep' I spotted Merlin hidden in the food dish of the African Grey's that were in store. I was surprised and told my breeder that I didn't know they ever had sennies! He pulled him out and thrust him into my arms whilst I just stood there and coo'd over him (and took this picture). Fred (my breeder) told me about his dicky leg and I put him on the counter to see him walk. During this time someone came in to view the Grey's and Fred used me and Merlin as an example of how sociable his birds are. "She's never ever seen this bird before today!".

Anyway, long story short. This is my first picture with the 8 week old Merlin, how time has flown, I still remember every detail of that day, the anxiety as I went to the cash machine for the money, the "oh dear Andy's gonna kill me when he finds out" after I'd bought him. Just the absolute pure love I felt for him as soon as I held him. & the way his little face peeked over the side of the dish in that cage in the first place.

My mum always says how much he's grown pretty much every time she sees him, but I don't see him growing since I've only ever been away from him for 12 nights (less than a week after I got him I went on holiday, eek!)

Some more 'baby' pictures (aka. first days home)
IMG00149-20110618-1745.jpg

IMG00150-20110620-1223.jpg

IMG00151-20110620-1855.jpg

He loves his daddys bandana. :)

I really don't care that people don't think that my love for Merlin is the same as the love a mother has for a child. I've had him since he was pretty much a baby and I'll love him as he's my child until the day he dies (and then some!)

Happy Hatchday Merlin, mummy loves you.
2011-11-22141655.jpg

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Thanks for sharing those first pics:) They made me smile.

People think I'm too cracked for my animals, too. I don't really care! I also don't believe I could love anyone or anything more.

Most Reactions