HarleyQuinn update, been a while

IamJolyn

Jun 22, 2015
Cheyenne Wy
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon - Davy Jones (FKA Buddy) Adopted 6/2015 @ 5 yo.
Blue and Gold Macaw Harley Quinn (FKA Harvey) Adopted 11/24/2015 @ 15 years old
Hello everyone, been a busy season for me, I have about a month and week before I graduate nursing school. Harley has become my mush mac :D

She is such a good bird. She is happy and content, and relatively quiet. She talks and mumbles and makes noise but doesn't really scream unless something startles her or she is calling for her people.

We all have learned to read her and there has been no bites in over a month. She will step up for me, my boyfriend and my daughter, and take treats from my younger boys. She will still display for strangers coming into the house (raises her wings and opens her beak), but one thing at a time.

She eats very well, loves her pellets and chop. She loves steeling green beans and corn from my plate.

She cuddles with me while I study and work on home work. Her latest thing is to come up to my lap, roll over and 'attack' me with her feet until I give her head scratches.

She is my dream bird, and I am so happy she is part of my family. :blue1:

Rosebud

Apr 6, 2013
Hello everyone, been a busy season for me, I have about a month and week before I graduate nursing school. Harley has become my mush mac :D

She is such a good bird. She is happy and content, and relatively quiet. She talks and mumbles and makes noise but doesn't really scream unless something startles her or she is calling for her people.

We all have learned to read her and there has been no bites in over a month. She will step up for me, my boyfriend and my daughter, and take treats from my younger boys. She will still display for strangers coming into the house (raises her wings and opens her beak), but one thing at a time.

She eats very well, loves her pellets and chop. She loves steeling green beans and corn from my plate.

She cuddles with me while I study and work on home work. Her latest thing is to come up to my lap, roll over and 'attack' me with her feet until I give her head scratches.

What kind of bird?

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013

What kind of bird?

I'm going to guess harlequin macaw ☺

Congrats on the mush mac. They are awesome!

OP
I

IamJolyn

Jun 22, 2015
Cheyenne Wy
Parrots
She is a blue and gold yes :) Her first owner thought she was a boy, and named her Harvey, and she says "Hi Harvey" So we tired to pick a name that was close but fit her a little better. She is a typical mischievous mac, so she became HarleyQuinn!

@psychocircus91 pictures on the way! how thoughtless of me haha

OP
I

IamJolyn

Jun 22, 2015
Cheyenne Wy
Parrots
20160120_075434.jpg

20160310_145629.jpg

20160204_172552.jpg

OP
I

IamJolyn

Jun 22, 2015
Cheyenne Wy
Parrots
Thanks guys :) I agree, she is quite beautiful, and that face gets her out of more trouble than it should haha

Most Reactions

Latest posts