Have you ever just had to sit and admire them?

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I find myself frequently just pausing whatever I'm doing and being blown away at the shimmering beauty of Kyo's feathers.

S/he has moulted most of her/his old feathers since I got her/him, with the exception of her/his flight feathers, and the new feathers are sooo beautiful. S/he has this beautiful little blue collar of feathers around his/her nape and it just looks like it sparkles. And his/her chest feathers are always perfectly in place and so colourful.

I can't help but just enjoy watching these feathers glisten in the window light from time to time. I am sure Kyo loves the swooning of course :3 I can't wait for his/her flight feathers to change over too!!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Yep, I do that a lot. I don't think you ever get used to it. I also like to bury my nose in Skittles feathers. Lately, he smells like honey.

TacoNTiki

May 27, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
Parrots
Taco: female cinnamon pearl cockatiel - hatched: ~September 2013, Gotcha date: Nov 29th, 2013
Tiki: Male yellow-sided green cheek conure - hatched April 10th, 2015, Gotcha date May 24, 2015
Yup. I have been bringing Tiki with us to my daughter's piano lessons. I wait the 1/2 hour for her in my car with Tiki. During the 1/2 hour I just sit and admire how pretty Tiki is. S/he enjoys coming with us and chirps and purrs while looking out the window.

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Yeah i find that after a molt they look so beautiful with all those pin feathers gone and bright strong and fresh feathers. Especially with the bright colored birds it is very noticeable. :D

Last edited:

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
I love when JellyBean gets cross at something and ruffles up all his feathers - just a tiny cross ball of bright green and cobalt blue!! So lovely and cute!

Newbsi

Jul 18, 2015
Saratoga Springs NY
Parrots
Gollum - Senegal
Hatch Day- 5/8/15 &

Dobby- Indian Ringneck
Hatch Day- 7/16/15
Every single day. Especially when she is eating with her foot.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I don't think I could ever tire of seeing Skittles eat with his foot. It's just so cute.

Altum

Sep 15, 2015
Media
Austin, TX
Parrots
Foggy, a green cheek conure
A little late to the party but I had to say that I agree and I am seeing the same thing--as Foggy goes through his first molt he is getting some beautiful new blue/green feathers around his neck and lower belly and his greens are getting a lot deeper and richer. His wings and tail are still a little bedraggled looking but the colors are really something! His blue flight feathers are growing back in, too, and he is really enjoying showing them off when he stretches.

Most Reactions

Latest posts