Have you seen the gaslighting parrot?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Joy to watch the back and forth between the Human and the Yellow Nape!

That all said, I am torn between the set-up and the action as I was seeing no indication from the YNA of hormonal stress right-up to the charge and then the rapid decompress was as odd.

Yes, fun to watch, but to train that combinations of speech segments and action, will not serve that YNA well in its next home.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Joy to watch the back and forth between the Human and the Yellow Nape!

That all said, I am torn between the set-up and the action as I was seeing no indication from the YNA of hormonal stress right-up to the charge and then the rapid decompress was as odd.

Yes, fun to watch, but to train that combinations of speech segments and action, will not serve that YNA well in its next home.
I agree it's not good. The parrot shouldn't be biting at all, but is hilarious. I have no idea if it was a setup, or if the bird is that gaslighting, or what.

If they trained the bird to fake it that would be amazing. METHINKS this bird is such a good talker it might be a setup. Why would it learn the sentence "I'm not going to hurt you" when a human would always say "NO don't bite" or "NO don't hurt me"......"the bird was saying I won't hurt you".....I think this was scripted.... was set up. But hilarious.

Most Reactions

Latest posts