Haven't posted in forever -- Vandal update

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Well, things have been pretty busy (both the hubby and I decided to go back to school) and I haven't been on here in an age, but Vandal was being so cute last night while I was taking a video of him that I figured I'd pop on here and post him up.

He's about a year and seven-ish months now, and just the sweetest thing in the world. He says hi, hello, bye, girl (what he calls my daughter), he laughs and he says ow. Usually he pinches you (gently), says ow, and then laughs :p He also says ow to food. And ow at my husband when he wants to come out of his cage. I think he just says ow to things he wants to bite (he loves to gnaw on the hubby's fingers).

He loves, loves, loves laying on his back and getting bedtime snuggles.
[ame="https://youtu.be/LJcQtHo3yTQ"]Vandal and Daddy snuggling - YouTube[/ame]

Here's another video of him being snuggly and wanting kisses. He also always wants to hold hands.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2GKRVWMcQI"]My silly, snuggly Vandal - YouTube[/ame]

He's also a nut for the shower. It's pretty much impossible to take one without him these days -- as soon as he hears the water turn on he starts yelling to join you.
[ame="https://youtu.be/b6CaVwsxHp0"]Vandal having a shower - YouTube[/ame]

He excellently rocks a hoodie.
11242560_10152820603221439_286291803033458374_n_zpsb45fmn3a.jpg

Seriously, LOVES being on his back.
11200603_10152781726416439_2374487220862091136_n_zpseaaitvjc.jpg

He loves going up to my parents' cabin and going for hikes. He doesn't really love his harness, but he tolerates it since it means going outside. He makes a wonderful umbrella!
20150906_115339%201_zpsshmyh3yg.jpg

20150906_120221_zps3gmngwge.jpg

20150906_120345%201_zps1bxmpp9d.jpg

Last edited:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Hey! Welcome back...

TOTAL MUSH MAC! THIS IS WHAT MACAW OWNERSHIP IS SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT HERE... What a doll!

I LOVE TO SEE STUFF LIKE THIS!

YEAH, BOTH MY MACS ARE WATERBIRDS TOO...

Last edited:
OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Thanks!

And yep, he is the mushiest mush! I really can't get enough of him. I love my other birdies, but I can't lie -- he is my favourite. All he ever wants to do is be my snuggle bunny. He cracks me up, too, because is INSISTS on having both my husband and myself in bed to snuggle. If one of us is missing he paces the bed until we're both there. It just isn't cuddle time until it is family cuddle time.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Thanks!

And yep, he is the mushiest mush! I really can't get enough of him. I love my other birdies, but I can't lie -- he is my favourite. All he ever wants to do is be my snuggle bunny. He cracks me up, too, because is INSISTS on having both my husband and myself in bed to snuggle. If one of us is missing he paces the bed until we're both there. It just isn't cuddle time until it is family cuddle time.

LIKE I SAID, THEY ARE SOOOO MUCH LIKE HUMAN TODDLERS SOMETIMES, IT'S SCARY!!!

So much for the "one person bird" myth.

Imagine that, socialize a macaw with an entire family, and he's good with the entire family... what a concept, eh?!

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
Yep, he loves eveeeeryone! He's also a sucker for the farmer's market because oodles of children want to tell him how beautiful he is :) We've definitely tried very hard to see that he spends a lot of time with a lot of different people.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Yep, he loves eveeeeryone! He's also a sucker for the farmer's market because oodles of children want to tell him how beautiful he is :) We've definitely tried very hard to see that he spends a lot of time with a lot of different people.

And honest to god, if more people would do that, they wouldn't have the reputation for being these aggressive flesh eating monsters!

They just don't usually get handled enough.

I've been doing that with my new little amazon. She spent two hours at the park yesterday... and was handled by practically everyone.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh my gosh! It's SO good to see you and Vandal again! :D Love loooved LOOOVED the videos and the photos. :smile015: What a sweetheart he is! I was melting as I was watching. :D

That is awesome that you and hubby are going back to school!!

Don't be a stranger, pretty please, with Vandal on top. :10:

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
Figured we had better use up those GI bills before they expired!

I'm happy to be back on the forums, I'll have to post more. I've got about a million pictures of Vandal and no one on Facebook cares, hah!

denaw

May 5, 2015
Willis, Texas
Parrots
"Had" DYH Amazon "Elvis"
I just Melted!!! And especially the one where your child actually holds his beek and then gives him such a sweet sweet kiss....Just Precious!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I missed you. I'm so glad that you guys are okay.

I was holding a 5 month old B&G yesterday and she was cuddling with me and loving on me. She fell asleep on me. Sadly I find them too heavy for me so I don't buy one. THAT is probably a good thing.

OP
Selestine

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
Thanks Dopey :)

He really does get weighty after a while. Then I go hold the conures and it feels like some of Vandal's feathers fell off on my shoulder :D

Gillis

Sep 26, 2015
upstate NY
Parrots
Paco TAG 18 yrs ~&~ Peanut GCC 1 yr
What a little pile of mush! He's such a sweetie - it brightened my day seeing how loved and happy he is. :)

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Love love LOOVVEEE! Still living vicariously through you with having Vandal, I myself am a puddle of jealousy and as a result of the cuteness overload. Vandal is absolutely phenomenal!

And please please please, post pictures! I certainly wouldn't mind some Vandal overload [emoji51]

Most Reactions