Having a panic attack - iffy toes

Inverse

Nov 16, 2012
Exmouth, Western Australia
Parrots
Rainbow Lorikeet
I knew one of Hollis' toes on her left foot was "working" and a friend who is a vet said she probably hurt it at some point, I have just noticed that the diagonally opposite toe on the same foot is the same!
I honestly have no idea how long it's been like this but I'm really stressing out that she is actually sick.
They just stick straight out with zero strength and they are pretty much limp.
I wish I'd noticed the first toe before I'd brought her home but now with this second toe I'm really worried.
84C1DAD5-1C60-4F13-8C05-3B30D1767047-18951-00000877D50912C4.jpg

BBD99987-8AC5-42BC-B52F-9E9CA7141B08-18951-00000877DD8C5726.jpg

OP
I

Inverse

Nov 16, 2012
Parrots
Rainbow Lorikeet
And it appears she's favouring it as well and it looks like her other rear toe is on the way, not gripping as it should.
Now I'm super worried :(

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Don't panic too much... Have you got a Vet nearby who could run some blood tests? Your friend could be right and it may have been hurt at some point. I have seen birds who have toes missing from aviary attacks and even one who just has a stump with no toes on one foot and they all have a very good life.

OP
I

Inverse

Nov 16, 2012
Parrots
Rainbow Lorikeet
Well it looks like she's hurt her poor foot somehow.
She does have a lame toe that we knew about but it appears she has damaged the same foot somehow, be it through a flying accident, climbing or from crash landing through the bottom of her cage.
She's on anti inflammatory drugs so hopefully with a few days of rest she should be ok.

Most Reactions