Hayat killed her baby..

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you so much Ellen for your amazing post i need to cool off a bit im just very very very mad and sad at the same time thank you !

Anger at Hayat for committing a horrible act, sadness for what might have been. As you continue to grieve, the anger will likely subside and you'll be better able to make the best long-term decisions.

Morty

Sep 20, 2018
New York
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Pizza Roll), Jenday Conure (Woody)
Meh stuff happens when you breed. Hardest part of being a breeder for sure. I breed Short Tailed Opossums, very same thing happened. She was tired of her babies and wanted them out, killed and ate part of one before I realized. Big blow to my ego, as well as my feelings. It's all part of learning.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Meh stuff happens when you breed. Hardest part of being a breeder for sure. I breed Short Tailed Opossums, very same thing happened. She was tired of her babies and wanted them out, killed and ate part of one before I realized. Big blow to my ego, as well as my feelings. It's all part of learning.

You breed Opossums? Do you hand-raise/bottle-feed them? I know someone who has a pet Opossum that she found as an extremely young baby on the side of the road, just laying there, not injured or sick, we think mom may have been hit by a car or the baby wondered off, though the baby was so little that I don't think it could have walked far...She looked for the mother, couldn't find her, so she brought him home, got on the internet for info on what/how to bottle feed them, and so she did...He is now the sweetest pet in the world, I love going and visiting him! He uses a litter-box and lives in her house just like a dog or a cat. He sleeps in bed with her, lays on the couch with her while she's watching TV, and she takes him everywhere she goes on a harness/leash...

Sorry to hi-jack your post Amsterdam, I'd just not ever heard of anyone who actually bred baby Opossums..I actually looked-into finding a baby to raise myself because I love her's so much, but couldn't find ANYONE who bred them...I found many people who breed and hand-raise/bottle-feed Squirrels, Skunks, Prairie Dogs, you name it, but no Opossums :mad:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Sad and frustrating. It isn't really Hayat's fault though....nature is weird like that.

Most Reactions