He doesn't like me! :-(

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Try getting bit by a red-tailed Hawk, you'll know what a serious bite is all about. Yes raised a Red-tailed, a vulture, a barn owl, a few others when they were injured and all have bonded quite well and of course re-released them to the wild once they healed.

Been there done that! Used to volunteer with the Lindsay Museum... only we had a great horned owl, not a barn owl, and several snowy owls, lots of hawks...

I actually had a really affectionate "special needs" turkey vulture... he couldn't be released back into the wild. He was actually very sweet. He would lay his head on your shoulder the way a macaw does...

MY MOM had a one winged eagle (amputation. Power pole accident. Woke up disoriented in the hospital with one wing missing, and he was not happy... Had to learn to perch, and balance all over again with one wing. My mom was the only one who could get near that bird! And at first, she had to wear full body armor!)

Most Reactions