He flys!!!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OMG!! My little grey guy FLEW! First time and he was a pro at it!! :D :D

My friend Joe was over to play cards,and I went in to the living room to let the fids out,and got BB on my hand. We walked into the kitchen,him on my palm..( BB..not JOE :p) and the little Beebs jumped and took flight!

He flew about 6 feet from me,stayed in the air, did a 180! and landed back in my palm!! No crashing into my hand or going SPLAT on the floor!
I am all :D :D ..I just kept praising and praising him!

Joe and I had just came back from ALLPETS...Joe got a couple squeeze toys for his two Shiz-zu'es,and he actually bought little Beebs a mirror/ladder/plastic bang-the-birdie-birdie.
I am going to use that as a special treat/toy for my guy,he SO deserves it!
(I DID also get him his very own 'tiel nutraberrys..Amys are too big..and some more millet spray...and 'Tiel honey sticks,and honey sticks for Amy..another 40 bux :rolleyes:)

Now I gotta get him on camera! HE FLYS!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!! :grey: :grey: :D :D

Jim

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Awesome!
So glad you can offer him a safe venue for flight!
Beautiful, isn't it?
Congratulations to you both!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Honey stix - Salty really liked those. They were gone quickly for sure.
Jim, now you got 2 of them to watch out for, and I bet BB is quick too.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Yep Gail...no ceiling fans in my house,and my kitchen is quite large,with plenty of landing spots for him,and IF I DO use the stove, ( being alone here, I am a microwave man :rolleyes:) the fids are always in the living room.

I was getting concerned about the boy (remember I just recently took him to his doc to see if there was something wrong with him?)
I didn't expect it from him,and it just freaked me out lol..I think he was planning it all along really :)

I seriously don't think he'll ever really go outside,except to his docs,in a carrier,and with the weather getting cooler here,there won't be much more time for "outside..in the car" with Amy either.

So Beebs has a lot of time to get his flying down..such a smart little guy he is!

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Honey stix - Salty really liked those. They were gone quickly for sure.
Jim, now you got 2 of them to watch out for, and I bet BB is quick too.

Al, I really didn't pay too much attention how fast he was..I was too shocked/surprised to notice lol.

And Amy...well...she just DOESN'T fly..never has..oh sure a flapflapflap THUD when spooked. Yep I will be vigilant with both of them anyway.

Jim

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!? Great news, Jim! That must've been an amazing feeling. I'm definitely looking forward to some video of BB in action!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

It was time to switch places..Amy is now on my shoulder,watching Salty Youtube vids..and Beebs is on Amy's play top just singing his heart out! Going on and on..talking away and enjoying life. What a happy little boy he is lol.

Jim

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congrats to The Beebs! It's incredible to see them gain their wings, what a moment! A great first flight and a perfect landing, well done, BB!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Congratulations to BB for his first solo! Hope he has many safe and enjoyable "voyages!!"

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Wow a lot has happened since I was last browsing this forum! Congrats!!! :D

You must be so happy LOL

I was gone past few days dealing with a stupid hurricane that never even hit my area. I live in Palm Beach, Florida and put plywood on all windows etc for nothing. Luckily the hurricane didn't hit where I am... had some winds etc but nothing major at all.

Soooo happy BB is finally flying!! :59:

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

You must be so happy LOL

I was gone past few days dealing with a stupid hurricane that never even hit my area. I live in Palm Beach, Florida and put plywood on all windows etc for nothing. Luckily the hurricane didn't hit where I am... had some winds etc but nothing major at all.

Juliet..I was just going to send you a PM! I recall you mentioning you live in Palm Beach :eek:
Glad you and Rascal and 'Nut didn't get any of Mathew!

BB flew..but hasn't done it since lol :rolleyes:

Jim

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!

You must be so happy LOL

Juliet..I was just going to send you a PM! I recall you mentioning you live in Palm Beach :eek:
Glad you and Rascal and 'Nut didn't get any of Mathew!

BB flew..but hasn't done it since lol :rolleyes:

Jim

I got lucky... the stupid storm decided to switch paths and not hit directly where I am thank goodness :)

Eager to see how BB's flight adventures progress! At least you now know he can at least fly haha :D Don't worry... you'll see... when his long flight feathers start coming in it's going to happen real fast! Sounds like he's already been secretly growing the shorter flight feathers which enabled him to lift off and fly hehe

Most Reactions

Latest posts