He stopped screaming......but maybe for wrong reason?

Dbittner54

Nov 28, 2010
Nebraska
Parrots
3 y/o Sun Conure, Jax
My poor sun conure Jax (4 years old) got scared and flew into or fell off the fridge. Afterwards, he was in obvious shock with the whole not moving and eyes half closed thing. He went into my sweater (his favorite place cuz its dark and warm) and after about 30 mins he came out and was back to normal. Everything is back to normal with Jax but one thing. He used to be a wild screamer. He would scream when we came home, when we left, or whenever he felt like it. Since his accident, he has not done his typical conure scream. If anything we get one semi-loud squeak out of him. Anyone ever experienced anything like this? I have him scheduled to see the vet tomorrow and just wondering what to expect. Sad that we always wanted Jax to not scream so loud, but not from something like this.

fishbait

Dec 11, 2011
Bastrop, TX
Parrots
Quincy-Sun Conure
My sun did the same, stopped her "greeting" screaming for 3 days after i traumatized her by trying to get her conditioned to a harness. I pushed her too hard and poor girls heart was beating out of her chest. It took her three days before she would even come to me when i opened her cage and she preferred to be on me over food! I thought i had ruined her trust for good but she came around the third or 4th day and with that her normal vocalizations came back too. I am afraid to even try the harness training again!

OP
D

Dbittner54

Nov 28, 2010
Nebraska
Parrots
3 y/o Sun Conure, Jax
Just a follow up, took Jax to the vet. He is very healthy and doing good. Well besides the vet saying he was 89g last year and now he is 94g. Thought he was kind of saying he was a fatty (but he does eat a lot!). Also, his scream is back! Never thought I'd be excited to hear that wonderful sun conure yell!

Keinanna

Jan 9, 2012
Parrots
Chewy ~ 3 year old green cheek conure

Toki ~ 2 year old Budgie
glad to hear he is doing well

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I'm glad he's okay! Puck's last weigh was 141g. What a fatty! XD

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Nandays are like really solid or something! They are made from some unusually dense material, lol! She weighs quite a bit more than my BC did, who looked bigger than her. The funny part is she is kind of petite compared to some Nandays I've seen.

Most Reactions