health disscussions

Parro

Dec 21, 2012
Asia, Jordan, Amman
Parrots
Two Cockatiels, A Timneh African Grey
hi all! i posted this thread for you to discuss all your african grey health issues, i wont do a group, since they totally fail. and feel free to discuss as much as you want! if you think that what your going to post is silly then thats even acceptable! this thread is made for you guys. :21:

gerewolf

Jun 24, 2013
Bushkill, PA
Parrots
Lucky, Blue Fronted Amazon, bought from breeder in Brooklyn, NY
Parro, this is a good idea. I bought my Timneh, Max, at 2 months and he is now eleven month. I say "he" because the breeder thought he was male. He is large for a Timneh, measuring 11" from beak to tail. We had one health issue when we threw an apple core into his cage, not knowing that apple seeds contain arsenic. The next day he was quite and rather still. We took him to a vet and found out what we had done. Today (I posted a thread about this earlier) he started yelping as though a bug was biting him. He started doing it every few minutes (lasting a few seconds each time), then the fits started getting further and further apart until he stopped. Later we went to a park and he started again. He's always had a mild temper so this is quite unusual.

Most Reactions

Latest posts