Hello all ^^

Kaani

Jan 30, 2015
Cornwall, uk
Hi everyone, my name is Elliot and I'm a student living in the southwest UK. (Where is alternatingly cold/wet/hot, and smells either like the sea or cows ^^ )

I joined because its my intention to get a talking/mimicking bird at some point in the far flung future, so I'll be asking some questions in preparation and poking around the forum until I figure out what bird is definitely right for me, and save up the funds needed.

I've lived amongst an eclectic mix of animals in the past, including the 'usual' kind of pets like dogs, cats, fish, guinea pigs, rabbits and hamsters. I've also had more 'exotic' things, such as rats, chinchillas, bearded dragons, corn snakes, a ferret, a banana spider, a rainbow boa, and a beautiful African grey my mother owned (he's the main reason I'd like a bird that talks).
All in all, I think this means I'm prepared for mess and noise and food and toys everywhere. (And I'm pretty used to getting bitten and scratched by things too, lol)

I'm hoping to do a lot of research into whatever bird I decide on before I get them (quaker/monk parrots are appealing to me so far) and I'm hoping being on this forum will help me do just that :)

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've got your feet on the ground and are doing your research before getting a parrot. Thank you! Personally, I LOVE the Quakers, they are great parrots! Have you also considered visiting a rescue and interacting with a bunch of different birds to see if any "choose you"?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Welcome to the forums Elliot. I don't see any impediments to your becoming a birdman, as relates to your location...all the relevant odors are natural, at least the two you mentioned. Your pedigree appears to offer you a basic qualification for becoming a parront, so don't see any problem with your asking questions and/or rooting around in the forums archives.....

Hope you enjoy your stay and ask feel free to ask what you will.....

Most Reactions

Latest posts