Hello all

songbird1992

Feb 17, 2015
Hey guys, i'm new to the world of birding(if you call it that.) i have not yet owned a bird. I have been playing with my brothers bird when i realized i had a hidden passion for birds. i joined this forum with the hope of advice for getting a bird. i want to be well informed before i go out and purchase a bird. i believe that is what makes a responsible bird owner is doing your research before buying one. sorry about the rambling and all guys.:D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello, welcome to the forum! I commend you for taking the time to do a lot of research before taking the plunge.

I think birding usually refers to wild bird watchers, but I could be wrong. Parrot people? I'm not sure our members fit a stereotype but we'll answer to almost anything with bird somewhere in the title.

I saw your other thread! :) What kind of bird does your brother have?

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Hi and welcome! Good for you for doing your homework first! Makes it so much easier when you know what to expect when you bring your birdie home! I'm not sure what "we" are called but hubby calls the forum the parrot people and calls me crazy bird lady...does that count?? Keep us updated and let us know what you decide to get.

flyingron

Jan 3, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Parrots
Bacca (Quaker)
Yes, you are doing the responsible thing. Once you get the selection process down to candidate breeds (or you find some bird that is calling you), you can get specific breed information further. Our Quaker was an intervention from someone who really had no clue.

My wife calls me "Bird Daddy."

JamJar

Jan 25, 2015
Dubai
Parrots
Orange-Winged Amazon ~ Marley
Hi and welcomed :) I've been in your position just stay strong lol its hard to not rush into it especially when u see some in a shop etc… any ideas of what type you like? what characteristics interest you? Cuddling.. Whistling.. talking.. crazy behaviour lol its a endless list :)

Ronnie517

Feb 21, 2015
Parrots
Mango, Fischer/Peach-faced Lovebird Mix; 4 Parakeets,
Blueboy & Imy, Wally & Polly
Hi!! Glad to see you are being very practical! I spend alot of time looking at the posts I find & checking out the pictures of peoples birds on Google Images (when they don't have pics posted). I see birds of all types & then I search out personalities. I'm finding alot of birds I'd like to have.....in my neighborhood, they call me the Crazy Hippie Lady with Birds (just cause when I walk my dogs, when the weather is nice enough, I might have a bird or two on my shoulder). If I'm crazy, it's because I am nuts over my birds! No crime in that! Take your time, see what really attracts you & when you're ready, go for it! Make it fun & keep us posted, with pictures, too!!! So, glad you're here!

Most Reactions

Latest posts