Hello! Banjo and I are new here.

andielane87

Mar 3, 2014
NC
Parrots
Bubba (budgie)
Mango (budgie)
Banjo (GCC)
Just got a cute and adventurous pineapple conure on Saturday. He's sweet, likes being scratched, LOVES millet, and is already learning "come on" (step up). He loves to cuddle under my chin too, it's so cute!

I think he might be a SHE... I had female cockatiels way back in the day and when I would pet them in the back they'd raise their rump/tail in the air and coo.
Banjo does the same thing, is that a typical female trait?

:greenyellow::whiteblue: and :green2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 212

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Welcome~ What a cutie.. :)
About your question regarding gender- I have a pineapple green cheek conure as well and he is DNA sexed male, and he does the rump-raised cooing thing around my other conure, so I'd say the behavior isn't gender specific. :)
Unfortunately, unlike 'tiels you can't really tell the gender of a conure by the look of them. You have to get them DNA tested if you *really* want to know. I like to assume male until proven female, though, if I'm not sure. (I.E egg laying.) Hehe.

OP
A

andielane87

Mar 3, 2014
NC
Parrots
Bubba (budgie)
Mango (budgie)
Banjo (GCC)
Welcome~ What a cutie.. :)
About your question regarding gender- I have a pineapple green cheek conure as well and he is DNA sexed male, and he does the rump-raised cooing thing around my other conure, so I'd say the behavior isn't gender specific. :)
Unfortunately, unlike 'tiels you can't really tell the gender of a conure by the look of them. You have to get them DNA tested if you *really* want to know. I like to assume male until proven female, though, if I'm not sure. (I.E egg laying.) Hehe.

Oh awesome! I only had my female tiles do that but I didn't have any males. I'm saying he's a boy since we already named him! Thank you for the response! Makes me feel better. :)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
No problem! After you make yourself familiar with the forum feel free to post in the "Conures" section for any other questions/threads, there's also several other places to gather great information, "General information", "Questions and Answers", and "General Healthcare" just to name a few! The members here are a great crowd and have lots of awesome advice and experience to share. :) There's also a "search" tool near the top of the page if you want to find information on a specific something, but don't want to make a new thread about it. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to you and Banjo! Enjoy your stay. Very pretty bird.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Welcome! Banjo is such a cutie! :) I hope that you will enjoy your stay here on the forum! We will always be here for any questions you might have! :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! Banjo is adorable and what a great name:) So glad you joined us!

OP
A

andielane87

Mar 3, 2014
NC
Parrots
Bubba (budgie)
Mango (budgie)
Banjo (GCC)
Thanks everyone! So glad to have all this support!!! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts