Hello everyone

astoria

Oct 31, 2011
Central Florida
Parrots
White Capped Pionus-VanGogh
Parrotlet-Kiwi
2 Parakeets-Henry and Charles
I am glad I found this forum! As a fellow bird lover I look forward to learning from fellow members experiences and opinions...I have 2 parakeets named Henry and Charles, a Parrotlet named Kiwi and a White Capped Pionus named Van Gogh.
The Parrotlet and the Pionus I got from rescue. The parrotlet has permanent feather loss on his little chest from a severe mite infestation, a neglect case. The Pionus had his leg chewed off entirely by the bigger birds he was housed with and one of the toes on his remaining foot. I just brought him home over this past weekend. I think this board will give me the encouragement I need for this little guy to give him the best I can. I made perches for him that are wrapped in a cotton twine, using non toxic white childrens glue and wrapping very tightly. They are not slippery and allow him to get from one side of his cage to the other. I put a small padded board on his cage floor so he can get off of his leg and rest. I have put everything within easy reach for him until he feels more comfortable and safe.
If any one has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them. I am glad to be here.... :)

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Welcome to the forum, and thank you so much for rescuing your babies! You will hear this a lot "we love pictures" :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts