Hello Everyone!

traciediann

Apr 29, 2012
Clintwood, Va.
Parrots
I have 1 GCC named Sandoval, he's a recent addtion and is only about 12 or 13 weeks old. My daughter and I also have three Pacific Parrotlets, which love to have babies! Little Handsome, Luli and thei
First let me say how happy I am to have found a forum like this to not only share the joy of having my new greencheek, but to also help me with the problems/challenges that are surely to arise in the future with my little fid, Sandoval. As I mentioned in my profile, I have three parrotlets. I had them first, and they are awesome and endearing little critters...I love them. Nor could I imagine life without them anymore than I could Sandoval at this point. He seemed pretty keen on getting to know them, but little tigers that they are, they were happier just being allowed to keep to themselves.
Sandoval is the first greencheek conure that I have ever had. And we are still getting to know each other. Sometimes he is as sweet as sugar and other times, I just get the feeling that he wants to be left alone. And I try to respect that. He is unfailingly curious though, and in an effort to socialize him as much as possible, I try to take him with me and introduce him to new situations as much as I can. He is nippy sometimes, but he seems to be realizing that it doesn't affect me or deter me from my origional intent. But being a totally novice green cheek conure owner, I was hoping there were some of you out there who could give me some advice about bonding with him and making him feel more comfortable. He has yet to grind his beak, a sign of relaxed comfort I'm told, when he hangs out with me. He's got an awesome cage, and I take him and the other fids out and let them enjoy the sunshine as much as the weather allows. I just wish he would give me some indication that he's not merely tolerating me, but that he enjoys me. I suppose some books may help, but to be honest, there's so much information on the internet, I am sure that with a little more looking, I could find some helpful info.
None of this info will be as helpful as experiences fellow owners have had though. I'd just like to say again how excited I am to have found this forum, I love Sandoval dearly...and hope to one day have enough money to invest in another companion parrot that would fit in and suit all of our needs. Any suggestions from anyone out there that would help me bond with Sandoval?? I'll send pics as soon as I get to my home computer. Thanks everyone for your time, and I can't wait to hear about your personal experiences..
Cheers,
Tracie:greenyellow:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Welcome to the forum. I find a good way of training is to teach them tricks. They do something you like and you give them a treat. Or there is always sitting on the couch watching planet earth together while you scratch his head.:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts