1 male Senegal
Here's our baby boy being so good!
a1f0459d.jpg

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Ok well you got the upload figured out, Now I'm a single guy and I keep Bogart my seney with me as much as I can but I have a friend in NC who keeps him when I go to a job that I can't have him with me and they get along great as a matter of fact Bogart talks to him everyday I'm not there and won't speak to him the minute I show up again ( It's how I learned that my bird talks from a cell phone video ) because he won't say a word around me for me he clicks and whistles 7 years of this and I've heard him speak only 2 times when he didn't know I was home . So work with socializing him with everyone who want to let him step-up I do this at Home depot, flea markets and bird fairs even indoor Shopping malls in the winter (stay away from the food court) any where there are lots of people the more people the better as far as I'm concerned so that he realizes that all people are good and that daddy and mom are always close and he can explore in safety he will gain confidence in himself and his new flock. As I type this Bogart is setting on my shoulder watching me type and stealing ice chips from my water glass.

OP

19jeffro83

Jul 7, 2012
Nj
Parrots
1 male Senegal
That so cool and we now plan to start socializing him more that he's getting more comfortable with his new parents. I never thought of bringing him out of the house to public places but I love the idea. Why not we do it with our dog. He's a sweety to everyone he sees. Other dogs is a different story unfortunately. He's 50/50 with them. It still amazes me how smart this little guy is and I respect him so much for it.

Most Reactions