Hello Everyone :)

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
Hello everyone!

Ive just joined the forums in hopes that I can tap into the wealth of knowledge I am sure is to be found here. In about 3 weeks (maybe sooner!) I will be welcoming my very first pet bird into our family! Bug is an 8 year old Goffins Cockatoo. I received a link to the ad for him from a friend and though I had planned on purchasing a cockatiel to start, fate had other plans. I spend 4 days talking basically incessantly with his current mama via email, and for both of us we knew he was meant to be mine. He is very loved currently, and only being rehomed due to a divorce and a family who is now gone 12-13 hours of the day. I am a stay at home mom, with no plans on returning to work full time. My kids are young, but not so young as to need me to be constantly entertaining them, and so the time is perfect right now to welcome Bug in.

Before becoming a stay at home mom I worked in an animal shelter, and had the pleasure of caring for many birds there. An umbrella cockatoo lived there and was an education pet. We also got in countless numbers of doves, conures, budgies, cockatiels etc... Ive also done some short term fostering of birds, including a CAG and an IRN. So, while this will be my first pet bird, Ive gotten my feet wet so to speak :D Ive also had all kinds of pets, Sugar gliders, hedgehogs, horses, ferrets, and we currently have 6 cats and 3 dogs. All but 1 are rescues with some form of health issue. Ive always loved animals, and have a fairly decent understanding of how and why they do the things they do, its been immensely helpful working in rescue and having exotics. LOL

Anyhow, I am just now starting to plan how our living room will be arranged for his cage, and am starting to shop for some new toys for him. So far he is handling less out of cage time very well, no screaming or plucking, and has remained his cuddly silly self. He is an affectionate and outgoing fellow who makes friends with everyone, and LOVES to dance to Sugarland music. :white1: My husband is excited to introduce Bug to The Foo Fighters and King of Leon. :p I am just itching to get my hands on him! :white1:

A

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!!

We would love to see pictures of Bug when you bring him home! :)

OP
H

HisAngel

Feb 5, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Rosa (9) the wonderful U2 -gotcha day Mar 2, 2014
Grey IRN baby - Coming home July 2015
Thank you :) I will for sure share some pics once we get him settled. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I missed this thread the first time around:( I bet you are getting so excited to have Bug home! I am looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing all about him:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts