Hello from Brisbane Australia

Mr_Azz

Jan 14, 2012
Brisbane
Parrots
I have 2 boy alexandrines
Hey there guys just picked up 2 4 month old Alexandrine baby boys,we named them Leroy and Darcy. They are very loverly birds, one is very cheeky and the other is a little timid, hopefully he will warm up abit :)

Does andbody know id 25mm bar spacing would be okay as an inside night cage for my boys?

Kind Regards,

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Hello there! I couldn't help you with the bar spacing, but just wanted to say welcome to the forum & congrats on your two new birds :) I hope someone else here has an answer for you!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Hi Mr Azz

I'm also from Brisbane, and I have an Alexandrine, named Max.. I don't know if he's a male of female.

Max loves to push his head into things, like my hands, his toys - he nearly hung himself, because he had some rings in his cage, and couldn't get his head back out.

I had a quaker in a cage with a fairly large gap from the bottom grate to the first horizontal bars.. He could stick his head through that, but easily get it back in... What I didn't count on was, that a small rat could also get in through that cap from the outside (had some wild rats in here after the floods).. Shrek had a fight with the rat, and unfortunately had to be put down...

Because of what happened with Shrek, Max's cage have got 10mm bar spacing.

Mitchell

Jan 11, 2012
Houston Texas
Parrots
Baby Vosmaeri Eclectus (hatched 9-11-11)
Welcome and congrats on the Alexandrines, I've wanted one for years. Just make sure they can't get they're heads caught in between the bars and you should be fine.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
That's pretty big bar spacing. I know Alex's are bigger than, say, conures, but you will have to judge if they can get their heads stuck in it. If you think they might, I'd go for a different cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts