Hello from Illinois!

Roemea

Dec 5, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
Sonny: U2; Pie, Pepper, Cosmo: CAG; Yago: DYH; Jose: LCA; Cisco, Cypher: Senegals; Binkie: Caique; Skittles: SC; 1 singing canary and 5 Zebra finches
Hi, I'm Heidi and I'm the Head Scritcher to several birds.
Sonny is a U2 and is 9, I'm the second owner, he's a typical U2. Pie is a 30 yo CAG and regurgitates for me (I discourage it); Pepper is a 10 yo CAG and will allow head scratches but doesn't like being picked up (unless she's on the floor, Ha!) and Cosmo is a 3 yo CAG who never shuts up unless you want to show him off, and of course, he's silent.
Yago is DYH and I'm at least his third owner. He incessantly says he is getting the wiffle bat. He tries to attack at any and all times. He will take treats from my fingers but I am very careful (already lost part of one, happily it grew back). Jose is a LCA, maybe 15, I'm at least his third owner. Seems to be sweet, he's been here less than 24 hours. Binkie is my caique and delights in holding onto my shirt where I can't get her, so I have to walk around with a tick on me. She's a complete delight. Cisco and Cypher, my senegals, are the same way. Skittles, my SC is less than a year old and is an accomplished flyer -- she flies to me from wherever she is.
The cockatiel doesn't have a name, she is an impulse purchase off of craigslist. She's not tame and not appreciative of me, yet. So therefore no name, yet. The rest are caged birds, I love the canary's singing and the mechanical cheeps from the finches. And what a mess they are! RIght now they are making nests in their food dishes.
I have dogs, and also cats. I don't allow interaction between my dogs and birds (terriers are a might hungry, even if not hungry) and def not between the cats and birds, since the cats are 3 previously "working" barn cats with 3 ferals at different levels of tameness.
It's busy.:D

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Welcome!! :) where in Illinois are you from? I'm from chicagoland. You have so many pets, OMG!! :) my 6 birds feel like nothing compared to that. Lol but it feels like a lot for me. You should share some secrets of multiple pet keeping.

OP
Roemea

Roemea

Dec 5, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
Sonny: U2; Pie, Pepper, Cosmo: CAG; Yago: DYH; Jose: LCA; Cisco, Cypher: Senegals; Binkie: Caique; Skittles: SC; 1 singing canary and 5 Zebra finches
One definite secret is training...everyone is always being trained. The next is always looking for good homes for the fosters. And the most important is always stay one step ahead of them. Every one of them.

Oh yeah, and coffee.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Hi and welcome to you and your menagerie. Hope to see photos of everybody when you get settled in.

Most Reactions