Hello from me and Alex

chooch

Mar 31, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Parrots
Alexander Hamilton (Blue Crowned Conure) since 4/2/18
~~~
RIP:
Ti-Li (Blue Crowned Conure) my beautiful companion of 24 years, passed away 3/14/18
Hi there,

I am new around here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from western WA and have owned parrots for about 25 years. My beloved Ti-Li (a blue crowned conure) passed away a few weeks ago and at first I thought I could never replace her, but then the emptiness without her was so unbearable that I had to set out and search for a new parrot companion. Yesterday, I brought home a beautiful, 4-year-old BCC named Alexander Hamilton (Alex). He is so gentle and such a sweetheart but seems to be experiencing a lot of trust issues and separation anxiety as this is his fourth home in as many years, poor dear. It will take some work to get him comfortable and confident in his forever home, but I know it will be worth it.

I'll be browsing this forum to see how others have dealt with similar situations and maybe making a few posts here and there. Happy to meet you all :green2:

- chooch

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello and welcome to you and Alex! I am sorry to hear of your Ti-Li passing but hope you will stick around here. We all are crazy about our birds, glad to have you joining in our club!! :)

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome neighbor (I live a bit north of Seattle)! So sorry for your loss. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with Alex, it sounds like he is lucky to have landed with you. Hope you’ll share some pictures :)

OP
chooch

chooch

Mar 31, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Parrots
~~~
RIP:
Ti-Li (Blue Crowned Conure) my beautiful companion of 24 years, passed away 3/14/18
Welcome neighbor (I live a bit north of Seattle)! So sorry for your loss. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with Alex, it sounds like he is lucky to have landed with you. Hope you’ll share some pictures :)

Thank you neighbor! I am in the Olympia area. Here is a picture of Alex from yesterday (hoping it shows). He has pretty orange flecks on his shoulders, unusual for a BCC.

I keep trying to figure out how to set a profile picture, but maybe I can only do that after a certain number of posts.

Attachments

• image1-4.jpeg
    image1-4.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 121

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello & welcome!
I am so sorry for your loss of Ti-Li. It is such a tribute to her that you have now taken Alex into your home. He is beautiful!
To add an avatar picture, just go to your User CP, then click on Edit Avatar:)
I'm so glad you joined us!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hello, and welcome to you and Mr. Hamilton!

Please accept my sincerest condolences on the loss of your companion.

I'm glad you found a new bird... you need him, and he needs you.

Thanks for sharing!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Love the name... I've seen the play 3 times! I wanted to name my Nanday Alexander Hamilton but he was too much of a doofus lol.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Welcome Welcome! Alex is objectively one of the best parrot names. :p

Thank you for adopting. Previously lovedbirds can make some of the absolute best companions once trust has been earned. One of the sweetest, most lovingly amazing birds I have ever known was an "aggressive" Amazon I adopted at the ripe age of "over 50". She was amazing. Not an aggressive bone in her body, but boy did she growl at EVERYthing. Lost her a couple of years ago to a stroke, but my heart will always be imprinted with her name. :)

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
OP
chooch

chooch

Mar 31, 2018
Pacific Northwest
Parrots
~~~
RIP:
Love the name... I've seen the play 3 times! I wanted to name my Nanday Alexander Hamilton but he was too much of a doofus lol.

Three times, wow! I've seen it once and hope to see it again someday. Alex is very talkative and has an affinity for show tunes so it's a good fit :)

Most Reactions