Hello from Oklahoma!

Sunny_in_Tulsa

May 2, 2015
Oklahoma
Parrots
None yet...but that is about to change 😊
I am so happy to have found this forum. I am currently doing a heck of a lot of research before I get my first (in a long time, anyway) bird. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I have my heart set on an Eleonora cockatoo 😊 I have the patience and I have the time. And pretty soon, I will have the bird, too!

Thank you in advance!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I love it when people are doing their research prior to getting their FID:)
I'm so glad you joined us!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi there, Welcome to the forum!

Just guessing here, but it sounds like you met at least one Too and fell hopelessly in love? The Eleanora's are lovely! Glad you're doing lots of research, you'll be so glad you did. Have you had the opportunity to hear them scream when they turn the volume all the way up? You may also want to look at the large number of Toos taken in by rescues and sanctuaries before you make your final decision.

Best of luck to you, looking forward to updates.

Solo

Feb 24, 2015
Wichita,KS
Parrots
Shamrock Macaw
You just missed a large bird fair in the Tulsa area. I wouldn't get a bird from one, but you can find either great prices or great ideas on toys and play stands. I believe they will have another in the fall that I plan to attend, as I missed their spring show. Good luck with your search for a new fid.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Hello and welcome!

Most Reactions

Latest posts