Hello from Virginia

LillysLori

May 5, 2021
Centreville Virginia,USA
Parrots
Green naped lorikeet-Pepper
Hey everyone... my name is Lilly - from northern VA. My guy is a lovely green naped lorikeet named Pepper. I’ve seen quite a few posts here regarding purchasing a lorikeet or another type of bird and I can tell y’all right now that they are definitely a very different type of bird. Messy, playful, talkative, irresistible! Pepper needs a lot of attention but he’s a very quick learner and very trainable! He’s more like a cat/dog than a bird... except he says com’ere over and over until you come here!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Welcome to the forums, Lilly! Lots of great folks around, happy to share knowledge and ideas. Do you by chance have pictures of your little Pepper?

Another one of our moderators, LaManuka, has a purple crowned lorikeet, coincidentally named Lilly! Or, officially... Her Royal Highness, Princess Lilly Pilly. Very appropriate for her personality! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yeeeeeeeeessssssss, and quite the little terrorist she is too!!

Welcome to the Forums to another lorikeet victim....erm....owner. They are very definitely a species apart, are they not??!! We would like some pics of Pepper too please whenever you are able.......

http://www.parrotforums.com/technical-support/6287-how-post-pictures.html

Thanks for joining, we are pleased to have you aboard!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome!!@ will be fun to hear about your journey with Pepper

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed.

If you feel Pepper is trainable, see some of Salty's parrot trick videos, link below. Once they get in the habit of learning new things, there is literally not much they can't learn.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Hi Lilly! I’m Inger and I’m about to be from Northern Virginia. Do you have a good CAV and can you recommend a pet store that had good bird food and stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions