Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi everyone. I have taken a VERY long break, which is mostly unintentional.

I'll jump straight into the reasons.
Without going into detail, i have been struggling a lot physically and mentally. I havent been able to properly care for my birds, and I honestly feel really bad about it. Most days i just wake up, go give them some pellets and water, do everything i need to do and go straight back to bed. I dont have the energy or motivation to care for them. But i am working on that. I have gathered the motivation to clean out the room, because it looked so filthy. I know i am probably being neglectful of them. But i am trying my best. I really am.

I have considered giving them away- but when i think about it i realise that they are my motivation to live and that they love me dearly, even when i am not always the best owner.

I will not be as active here as i used to but i will try to check in.

So any updates im missing out on? Would love to hear how you all are doing

TL;DR: am back from a long break, have been struggling mentally and physically and end up neglecting my birds but i am working on improving jt

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Hello, ane!!! how are you? so great to hear from you again!!!

Hey... it's okay almost every bird owner goes through that especially us young bird owners because they are our full responsibilities and if we don't clean after them then no one will even if they're not technically ours ( i guess in my case, they're my sisters) there was a period in 2022 for me where I didn't wanna do anything I wanted to sleep all day so I didn't take care of the birds that well I would not change their water bowl for days and say "it's clear there's no need to change it" and that goes on and on and I even would change my bird's food bowl every 5 days so every time I did change it I added a lot of food so it can last for a few days and their litter well......... I wouldn't change for weeks and that's of course not good but you're not the only bird owner that goes through this.

And no you are not a bad bird owner I had some of those thoughts as well sometimes but I never did them, just because you do not take care of them well for a period but they still have food and water then that's okay and remember that this is just a period it's not forever.

And I hope that whatever is making you like that goes away or gets better

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Hi!
I agree with May, you aren't a bad parront. I often think I am a bad owner because honestly I often have troubles in mobilizing myself to take better care... But when I look at fids of other people I met irl - so far I don't remind anyone who would have better conditions than me... Looking at fids from this forum I always think I'm the worst parront....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so happy that you're back!
I doubt that there is one parront who does their best all the time. We get sick, have life changes - all kinds of things that can temporarily get in the way.
Your flock is better off with you, they adore you.
May said it so well," remember that this is just a period it's not forever."

Sending big hugs to you and the crew:)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Well, there you are!!
Been wondering after you!!
Yes, life can have this ups and downs and sometime the downs have a tendency of grouping up.
Know that your always welcomed and if life gets in the way, well, we will be here!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I loved your photo of your budgie Griffen so much! It was my favorite entry for February and he charmed my female budgie Rocky so much I let her cast my vote.
Ooh! I must tell him about this!!

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Well, there you are!!
Been wondering after you!!
Yes, life can have this ups and downs and sometime the downs have a tendency of grouping up.
Know that your always welcomed and if life gets in the way, well, we will be here!
Yep, I'm still alive haha

I love the community here. Glad to see y'all still care about me

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Your birdies certainly don't love you any less, and neither do we!

It's good to see you :)

And I hope you don't stay sick too long; that's never fun especially when you already have a lot going on!

💜💜
Oh no, I'm so sorry you're sick! I hope you feel better soon 🙏
No longer sick phew. That was NOT fun xD

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Most Reactions

Latest posts