Hello, new to the forum :)

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
Hello! I joined a long while ago but just recently got a bird. His name is Desoto, he’s almost five months old and he’s a green cheeked conure, a mix between wild type and cinnamon.
He knows how to step up, give kisses, he is very clingy and wants attention 24/7 as he’s a baby and we get along great. He has a large stand alone cage, the ones with the perch and ladder on top. I got him about three weeks ago. From the get go he was very clingy and has bonded with me, and it’s nice because he shows favor with me but is not turned off to socializing with other people :)

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure
Welcome! I have a green cheek as well, and I can say with certainty they are heart-stealers! I would love to see some pics once you are able! Maddox also became the family bird and LOVES everyone as well. I love that you already have him stepping up and giving kisses. It shows that you are dedicated and will provide your feathered friend with the love and attention he needs. Please reach out to any of us if you have any questions!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
I’ve been trying to but it’s not loading :( it saying the pairing response failed

That’s a new one to me!

We have a guide here for posting photos - are you using a mobile device or a PC? Let me know which step you’re having an issue on and I’d be happy to help!

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
That’s a new one to me!

We have a guide here for posting photos - are you using a mobile device or a PC? Let me know which step you’re having an issue on and I’d be happy to help!
It’s an iphone :0

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Huh. My iPhone is easy to use to add photos. I hit the attach photo button and I go to My Photos icon, open it, scroll through photos until I see what I want to use, and select that photo in whatever size I want. Usually it offers me small medium and large file sizes.

When I click on the photo it takes a while to attach the photo, longer for the larger file sizes. So if I selected the largest file size I might have to wait a while for it to be added. If I tried to load the post right away it won’t be done yet.

Kriss

Oct 7, 2022
Los Angeles
Parrots
Lorie
Will
Hello! I joined a long while ago but just recently got a bird. His name is Desoto, he’s almost five months old and he’s a green cheeked conure, a mix between wild type and cinnamon.
He knows how to step up, give kisses, he is very clingy and wants attention 24/7 as he’s a baby and we get along great. He has a large stand alone cage, the ones with the perch and ladder on top. I got him about three weeks ago. From the get go he was very clingy and has bonded with me, and it’s nice because he shows favor with me but is not turned off to socializing with other people :)
Will really appreciate a picture of him . Thanks

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
Huh. My iPhone is easy to use to add photos. I hit the attach photo button and I go to My Photos icon, open it, scroll through photos until I see what I want to use, and select that photo in whatever size I want. Usually it offers me small medium and large file sizes.

When I click on the photo it takes a while to attach the photo, longer for the larger file sizes. So if I selected the largest file size I might have to wait a while for it to be added. If I tried to load the post right away it won’t be done yet.
778F5740-7276-4AE4-9971-6A2902906343.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Pretty little bird! Love the red tummy.

I hope that my instructions helped. I still get my photos added sideways but at least they show up.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I adore the little red feathers around his face! What a cutie! And welcome to the forums!

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
Pretty little bird! Love the red tummy.

I hope that my instructions helped. I still get my photos added sideways but at least they show up.
Yes it did so much!!!
Thank you!!! I do too, I need to get more photographs but there’s a lot of orange and around his beak more than in that picture. I thought a cinnamon and wildtype mix wouldn’t be as pretty but boy was I wrong

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
I adore the little red feathers around his face! What a cutie! And welcome to the forums!
Yes! I’ll have to get a special picture showing off the color around his beak! Definitely makes him original :)
Thank you! Glad to be here!

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
He’s also got gorgeous ink blue feathers but his previous owner chopped off all his flight feathers! I was so angry about that. It was cool because his wings were layered with the green and then a strip of blue beneath it which were his flight feathers

Most Reactions