Hello To All

YoshinMomma

Jun 26, 2011
Massachusetts
Parrots
1 Beautiful Indian Ringneck Blue, 1 Beautiful Blue Male Parakeet
Im new to this forum just joined today, hoping to learn from other members about caring for Indian Ringnecks. I have been hand feeding a beautiful little baby for 5 weeks now, he/she is now 7 weeks old now.
Already perching and has started to Fly around the house. soon I have to bring him to get his wings clipped before he hurts himself flying around the house.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Hi and welcome to the forum....I don't know much about ringnecks but I sure find them fascinating....please post some pics when you can...I would love to see your parrots.

Abzeez

Apr 26, 2011
WI
Parrots
Bean the Blue Front Amazon, Chico the Ringneck, and Ida the African grey
Hello and welcome. I would leave your baby full flighted. In my opinion it is better for them to learn to fly young, figure it out, and then they have less chance of hurting themselves later on because they know how to fly. Make sense? My ringneck is over 30 years old, fully flighted and can really get around well. :)

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
heya and welcome! hope you enjoy your stay. As stated above it is good to leave them flight''full''.
But I shouldn't tell you as you allready know' have doors windows closed.
If you clip them it can be easier to tame them because they become dependent on you. Buuuuuuut I als heard they mayhold a grudge or distrust you for quite a while weeks or few months. In some cases I heard ringnecks that haven't bonded with their owner after a years ownership.

Most Reactions

Latest posts