Hello.

Anira

Aug 8, 2015
Oregon
Parrots
Red-Lored Amazon,
4 Budgies
I don't post much on forums, especially ones that are very topic-specific and relatively inactive. I have anxiety issues as well, so that doesn't help either. But can't message anyone until I have 20 posts, so I guess I'll start here.

I live in Eastern Oregon (more central, actually), quite literally in the middle of nowhere, with my small "zoo", as some people call it. I just call it my family.

Mason, who is a "rescue" of sorts, is a Red-Lored Amazon, approximately 15+ years old (as far as the previous owners can figure). The previous owners/family didn't have time for him anymore. Kids off to college and such, husband and wife working all the time. They are neighbors of mine, and the wife was my old math teacher in high school. They gave him to me, along with his cage and accessories.

Unfortunately, they didn't know much about how to care for him. He only had a foraging toy (unused, as they didn't know what it was), and a noisy, chime toy. He doesn't play (or know how to play). He was only fed a seed mix and peanuts, so he doesn't know what fruits and veggies are (I have him on pellets now, trying to introduce chop). He hadn't been socialized in a while, didn't like anyone hardly, and was cage aggressive. In less than a month I managed to break him of most of that (he's still wary of strangers, but is coming around).

12033248_1031115083576096_1025954678968417429_n.jpg

And I have my four budgies. They were purchased from a pet store.

12003196_1025428684144736_2939810212377840357_n.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome :). I think Red Lored Amazons are absolutely gorgeous. I love the head colors. As beautiful as the pics are, RLA are even more beautiful in person.

I love your little guys too, they're adorable.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forums, Anira, and thank you for your introduction. :) Lovely flock you have there!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi Anira! Welcome to the forums! I wasn't a big fan of forums until I got to know the wonderful folks on this one!

Thank you for a lovely introduction! Mason is a beauty and the I love the photo of your four budgies. Sweet flock you have there.

OP
Anira

Anira

Aug 8, 2015
Oregon
Parrots
Red-Lored Amazon,
4 Budgies
Thank you! This is just my small indoor flock. I have a flock of chickens with a few guinea hens and a couple turkeys outside.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I don't post much on forums, especially ones that are very topic-specific and relatively inactive. I have anxiety issues as well, so that doesn't help either. But can't message anyone until I have 20 posts, so I guess I'll start here.

Anira, I also would like to let you know that if you would like to contact any of our members directly via PM, any of the moderators will be more than happy to forward any and all messages for you. :) Just saying....in case you'd feel more comfortable, that's all.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Welcome! I joined the forum and stayed quiet for a few years before contributing anything:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts