Hello

Kldiro01

May 22, 2018
Delaware
Parrots
GCV
A week ago we welcomed a baby GCC to our home. " Riggs " is doing well, was handfeed by the breeder and is weaned. This is a learning process and we are learning together. I joined the forum to ask questions and learn as much as I can. Riggs likes to nibble a lot and sometimes turns into a bite. We are working on that.
Riggs seems to all of a sudden roll around making noises on my shirt. He reminds me of a puppy playing. If I put my hand near him while he is doing this he gets very voistrious and trys to bite me? I don't know if that is playing or aggression. He can step up and will fly too me when I call him. This morning he did not want to go back in his cage. I think he threw a temper tantrum. I'm trying to learn his signs and signals but I need a little help. Any advice would be appreciated.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome to you both! Yup, some of this is playing, and in my experience as well - parrots test and touch everything with their beaks. You’ll need to make sure that he understands how hard is okay to grab with his beak since they often use it like a hand to grab, push away, feel the surface, etc. There’s some great threads on bite pressure that would probably be useful :)

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
My Finley does this. He will sometimes start off play nibbling and biting but then will get agitated with whatever is happening and actually bite out of annoyance and throw a fit. It's normal and you just have to stop interaction for a little while and let him calm down. That usually works.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
You sound like our kind of folks!
My advice... read and enjoy... use the Conure forum, and also use the Seach Tab above to find great threads on topics of interest to you.
Your baby is already amazingly bonded... wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Good for you, for joining, sharing, and reaching out!

SunnyJ

Apr 24, 2018
WA
Parrots
32 year old Double Yellow head
"Baby"
welcome to this corner of the net...it's for the birds. :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts