Hello :)

Morty

Sep 20, 2018
New York
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Pizza Roll), Jenday Conure (Woody)
Hey all, just introducing myself.
My name is Morty. I live in Western NY, I'm a wildlife rehabber, an exotics keeper/breeder and new owner of my first parrot, a Green Cheek named Pizza Roll.
I have a focus on opossums and reptiles, but recently started becoming interested in birds. For our educational displays, I get to work with falcons, owls and hawks but a parrot is a whole other level, haha.
Anyway some day in the future I'd love to have a Vasa, but for now I am starting small with Pizza Roll, as I can bring him to work and not have to worry about total mayhem :) Plus with all my other animals they take too much attention after work hours. :D
Nice to see an active forum, these seem to be a dying breed among social media platforms.

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
Welcome!!! What a unique name lol :) anyways cool intro always nice to see ppl like you here hope you enjoy your stay

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, so glad you found us! Love the name of your GCC, they are charming parrots.

Quite right about the fate of forums in the age of Facebook!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome to you and Mr. Roll! I am tempted to call him Jeno (my favorite brand thereof)!

I'm glad you're here!

I bet you have some fascinating stories...

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome! Pizza Roll indeed, I LOVE IT! Why do I sense he will quickly become a legend here?

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I love it! Oh and I am always so excited when I hear that parrots are going to be going to work instead of being left at home!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Morty

Morty

Sep 20, 2018
New York
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Pizza Roll), Jenday Conure (Woody)
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes everyone :) I really appreciate them all.

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess, BCC; Chirps, GRP (Green-rumped Parrotlet)
Welcome!
(Vasas scare me.)
GCCs rock!!!

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Welcome fellow Conuranian :)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Welcome to you and Pizza Roll! What a fun name. I just googled Vasa parrots and they’re so cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess, BCC; Chirps, GRP (Green-rumped Parrotlet)
Inger, did you read about their sexual behaviors and reptilian-like habits? They're not your average parrot! I know someone with a pair and they may take cute pictures but living with them is a different story.

Last edited:

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Welcome Morty,
wow you have a great job!

Grinn I adore the name - it already made me smile (and slightly hungry...)

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Again, GCCs ROCK! Congratulations on getting Pizza Roll!

You are hypnotized. When I snap my fingers, you will go find a cute little Vasa and adopt it. Muwahaha

Brittany0208

May 21, 2018
Inger, did you read about their sexual behaviors and reptilian-like habits? They're not your average parrot! I know someone with a pair and they may take cute pictures but living with them is a different story.
Lol they're not that bad, actually. I have one. Aside from their odd attributes, I'd say they're very enjoyable.:)

Most Reactions