Hello!!

QueenInnocent

Jun 25, 2019
East Coast in America
Parrots
-2 parakeets, 2 male and 1 female
-Preparing to get a Galah (rosebreasted cockatoo)
Nice to meet you all! I'm an 18 year old planning on getting a Galah (rose breasted) cockatoo this year!! You can call me Queen, Innocent, or Nomang. Either one is fine!

I own two lovely little monsters (cough cough... budgerigars..) and had always been a happy girl when I had a bird in my hand (gotten from my father, who wants to 'steal' my cockatoo once I get her/him.. play with her/him.. despite him getting a bird himself soon.. *irritated face*)

My goal is to help with therapy via mental health and rescue'd animals! I have big plans to rescue some of the animals from the horrible system in place over birds getting recycled because they had bad owners, because of the fact that they are neglected by their difficult-to-be-owned (such as horses, birds, the like.) and use them for a proper and happy way! As therapy pets!

We have so many abused animals in the system that I'd be surprised if there wasn't a cockatoo for every bad case. Neglect as a child, being in a traumatic incident, abuse, etc.

However, I have to start small!! So, I am going into the equine therapy system (which is paid by the government) and my goal is to build a business to help all animals on the streets and humans with issues!

My favorite color is purple (I hate pink), I love any Italian food unless it comes from the ocean, and I love water!

Nice to meet you all!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Your goals are wonderful ones, I wish you the very best of luck in your pursuit of them.
I am so happy you joined us and look forward to hearing your stories once a Galah joins your family:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome to the forums! Sweet introduction, thank you for taking the time to tell us about yourself. I wish you the very best with all your goals. Looking forward to hearing more.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Welcome to you!
"I love any Italian food unless it comes from the ocean..." Does this mean you won’t eat imported foods?:59:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Queen, thanks so much for joining! You have magnificent goals, each begins with the first step. Animals are a natural antidote for many issues, thankfully the acceptance of therapy animals is becoming mainstream.

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Gulf Coast, Louisiana/Mississippi State Line S/E
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
Welcome Queen, and may I ask where your from, or the area you'll be rescuing from? You have some very Noble goals, and I wish you the best of luck, and look foreword to seeing you around the forums and reading your adventures and of course seeing pictures of your Galah and other rescues.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!
You're doing it right... reaching out, learning, sharing.
I'm glad you're here.

9lhIlM0.jpg

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Sounds like there will be interesting stories to come :).

OP
Q

QueenInnocent

Jun 25, 2019
East Coast in America
Parrots
-2 parakeets, 2 male and 1 female
-Preparing to get a Galah (rosebreasted cockatoo)
Thank you all for your warm welcomes into the parrot community!

Terry - yes, I look forward to sharing my trials and tribulations with you all eagerly! Lol.

Allee - Thank you for your good wishes! I hope they help me with my luck in my search and my adventure into the world as a person with big goals as well! :)

Flboy - Mainly because seafood of any kind just seems to end up with lunch and dinner down into the trash! I have to take supplements for Omega-3 because of my body's incredible hatred of the taste, :D.

Scott - I am happy for the acceptance of them as well! It also, albeit bittersweet-ly, gives me joy that mental illnesses in general are being looked into more further now and that treatments are being searched for! I have a complex mental illness myself that's not well researched, so every bit of people's support fills me with hope that others whom have had a path like mine don't have to struggle like I did. <3 It is why I wanted to join the party whom are fighting for more mental illness awareness and acceptance with healing! Plus, I couldn't be in any job without animals.. I'd be terrible at it. XD

Wrench - Thank you very much so!

Casper - I'm on the eastern coast in America, in an area that is pretty small but not enough to be considered a 'village' sized place. There's not a lot of bird owners around for the bigger critters (cockatoos) aside from a handful because of the small population. If I can get to a cockatoo (rescue wise), anywhere in the USA, I don't mind taking a long drive - so if I find a cockatoo in need of help when I'm settled and have the space, my reach expands far! Also, thank you for your luck and welcome! I hope to share the trials and tribulations with you all as I go through the path of learning how to own such difficult creatures with hands-on experience outside of handling the big birds for simply a day or researching their behaviors and needs and negatives and positives endlessly.. haha.

Galeria - Thank you for the positive confirmation of what I thought! I'm quite a shy young woman so this was quite a step for me, but I have no hopes of doing what I need to do without fighting past my anxiety and reaching out to the community. XD.

Jen - Thank you! Of course, and I will try to keep them interesting in the way I tell them. ;)

- Queen :white1:

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Gulf Coast, Louisiana/Mississippi State Line S/E
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
Casper - I'm on the eastern coast in America, in an area that is pretty small but not enough to be considered a 'village' sized place. There's not a lot of bird owners around for the bigger critters (cockatoos) aside from a handful because of the small population. If I can get to a cockatoo (rescue wise), anywhere in the USA, I don't mind taking a long drive - so if I find a cockatoo in need of help when I'm settled and have the space, my reach expands far! Also, thank you for your luck and welcome! I hope to share the trials and tribulations with you all as I go through the path of learning how to own such difficult creatures with hands-on experience outside of handling the big birds for simply a day or researching their behaviors and needs and negatives and positives endlessly.. haha.

- Queen :white1:

Hey again Queen, and Thank You for the answer. The basis for the question is, Like I live in New Orleans LA. and every now and then the Humane society gets a bird that some low-life just drops on their front porch and drives away, However my point is, In my area we don't have a bird rescue. I have read and noticed folks posting about bird rescues in the North East, that just blow me away. I can't imagine how wonderful that must be, to be able to adopt a bird after first having met the bird, spending time around the bird, and most importantly allowing the bird the opportunity to choose you. I read daily right now mainly because of a short term disability, on social media of folks having to give birds up, looking for someone who can re-home the pet. I contribute a lot of this on bird owners running into financial difficulties, losing jobs, lack of knowledge, impulse purchases, or generally lack of knowledge in biting off more than they can chew, just to list a few. On this web site/Forum, I see so many loving parents, which in some cases seems like the birds live better than the owners live, I say that jokingly, but in following the posts here, these folks really care about their babies.... Me Included. It's just not like that in the world away from here, So adopting and or Rescuing these babies from the homes is very well received here, along with the support. You'll be able to find a wealth of information here, trust me, I research this forum quite often. When all else fails, I'll post a question. The area you live, East coast, especially in the Northeast have a lot of birds that need to be helped. I read a post not long ago, but can't remember who posted it, but the post blew me away, a thought that never occurred to me, however it went something along the lines of "College let out, and young folks either haven't told their parents they have pets, or have no where to keep the pets, however at the end of the year, pets are turned loose on the college campus, again I can't remember who posted it, but it blew me away, I would have never thought about it before someone posted the sad situation, and needs of these pets, the heart wrenching thought that this was around PA. and the cold weather would take lives before they could be saved during Christmas break and such. I'm sure the better your known in your area, the more folks will turn to you for help. The situations I read about are beyond my imagination, I guess because my family life was much different, military family, so when you make a commitment you kept it, and you fulfilled the obligation, and the challenges were often difficult, but was a learning experience never the less. I'm sure you'll read many of the same stories, and situations you cannot even fathom in a short period of time. Your heart, and ambitions are definitely well received on my end, and I'm sure many of the others will agree as well, I'm wishing you the best of luck, some of these pets have never known true love, and care, and will be difficult until they understand your their to help rather than hurt. You'll find some very knowledgeable people in each forum, and just about every breed that you'll be able to recognize and feel comfortable to reach out to with breed specific questions.

Last edited:

Most Reactions