help! my bird might have swallowed something!

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
my lovebird pebbles was chewing on my bracelet, and i try not to let her do that, but she broke one oof my beads and started chewing it. she dropped half of it and i was trying to get her to let go of the other one, and then it disappeared! i'm so scared that she swallowed it, so do any of u know what signs there could be if she swallowed it? she seems fine now, she hasn't choked or anything......

animalgirl555

Dec 28, 2023
Parrots
Mango
You could look for the other half of the bead on the ground...? Sorry, but I don't know much 😅 I think that maybe you can feel her crop or something because that's where food goes when it's eaten/stored?

OP
pebbles1553

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
yeah i looked for it but couldn't find it, it was a small bead and she broke it in half, i found half but not the other which was in her mouth, but she seems normal..so i think it's fine.. it would have gone to the gizzard i think

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
yeah i looked for it but couldn't find it, it was a small bead and she broke it in half, i found half but not the other which was in her mouth, but she seems normal..so i think it's fine.. it would have gone to the gizzard i think
My biggest concern is that it could cause a blockage, especially if it was a bigger bead, since plastic isn't digestible

OP
pebbles1553

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
yes, but luckily it's been almost a week and she is fine 😊

Most Reactions

Latest posts