Help Please read

Mwolfe1080

Jun 4, 2016
Parrots
Sun Conure hatched January 2016
I just went to the vet with my sun conure, and I'm in a weird situation. My vet ran NO test before make her diagnosis (didn't even check my birds respiration with a stethoscope) but based on my birds lethargic behavior, lack of repeatative stool production, and most importantly or should I say most biasley where I bought the bird from. She thinks my bird has clamydia stitosis. She ran test on my birds stool for polynomial virus and the clap which I hear the first mentioned is 100% fatal but as of yet we don't have the results. My question is this I have had the bird for six months and only recently has the bird become lethargic and not as regular. The pet shop in question is hated by a significant group but in my opinion and in the opinion of the people involved in oversight the shop is in code. So can this clamydia stitosis stay in remission for 6moths and then all a sudden out of no where pop up its seems to me this vet might be following a grudge as opposed to being dr. House with my bird. Just want to know what you all think :orange:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
It's possible for birds to get sick due to contaminated water, foods going bad, the substrate in the cage, or any other number of things.

Maybe a second vet opinion would be a good idea if the first one refused to do any tests?

Most Reactions

Latest posts