Help. Which Cookable Food Brands Does Your Conure Like?

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
I'm losing my marbles looking at all the choices online.

Please share which brands/varieties of store or internet purchased cookable foods are favorites of your fids. I read the many wonderful recipes to make my own, but for now, I want
to have a high quality, nutritious, tasty warm food for Pritti (as much organic as possible). He will still get his fresh fruit/veggies too, but this is for intermittent use instead of cooking up bunches of grains and veggies, etc. Pritti's diet is about 10% pellets and 90% kitchen foods.

These are the brands:
    • Avian Organics -- This stuff looks amazing. Link to site.
    • Higgens Worldy Cuisines
    • Dr. Harvey's What's Cooking?
    • Bird Street Bistro (lots of organic ingred.)
    • GoldenFeast
    • Crazy Corn
Breads:
Harrison's Bird Bread Original Recipe (organic)

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
You realize that what someone here might suggest, Pritti may well turn his beak up at.....that's like spinach & broccoli with children.....some like both, some like one or the other & some detest both.....

Why don't you look around at birdie bread recipes, find one or two you like & make them.....they can be cut into bite sized pieces & frozen, then warmed before serving.....you can do the same with mash recipes.....

Playing hit or miss with commercial foods can get expensive with finicky birds.....

You do realize that there are no regulations or standards on "organic" in the pet foot industry.....

Last edited:
OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Thanks Weco. I do know about the organic standards in the pet food industry, so I was glad to see some of these brands specifically say human-grade and things like you can eat it with your bird. Sure I definitely know that Pritti and other birdies won't have the same likes, but I'm looking for general recommendations for brand and quality and consistency and how their birdies have responded This purchase will be for when it is not possible to make or to access a homemade recipe of birdie bread, etc. It isn't a forever thing, but a necessary precaution/back-up plan to have for specific reason and period of time.

I'll probably buy 4 different bags of about a pound each and see how it goes by giving him small amounts as a snack for now.

Most Reactions